Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwtf man you cant regulate everything
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398293&mesg_id=2400834
2400834, wtf man you cant regulate everything
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Dec-18-14 04:29 PM
If thats the case we may as well just draft and get FA. No trades allowed.

>to play.
>
>The rule should be universal. And personally, I don't want to
>play in a league where a guy can trade fodder for multiple
>first round guys either.

I disagree with this point. We have the most active league on OKP you wanna join play by our rules.

End of the day, I can see your point here though so fine. No rookie rule. But that doesnt stop managers warning rookies on or off the record for possible bad deals. Thats an easy way around that for me.

>
>Just because someone is a vet, doesn't mean that can't make
>extremely bad decisions that affect the entire league.
>

I know you dont really play any other fantasy leagues, but thats how fantasy is man. Its lkike any other league, No move any of us do is in a vaccum it always affects someone good or bad.

You have good managers. You have bad managers. When bad managers make dumb moves they get made fun of as long as guys arent trying to plot some shit.

We literally had a trade in my league between 2 guys who agreed to deals in two different leagues. Now you can see how something like that is clearly cheating. We found out and had to reverse that shit.

Ive had leagues where we assumed but could never prove that someone was giving up a trade in return for getting part of the championship pot. Again you can see how that would be problematic.

I dont think any of teh lopsided trades right today fit that category

Tyson/Wroten
Drummond/ Reggie-Enes
Durant / Bogut, et al.

Theres a clear winner and loser right now. All I can do is play it or go out and get a similar deal.

>But the risk that this backfires has me in the mindset that
>the first 2 rounds of the draft should probably be regulated
>too (can only swap those, not trade out of them).

overegulation