Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLet me clear it up for you...again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398293&mesg_id=2400417
2400417, Let me clear it up for you...again
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Dec-17-14 12:12 PM
The trade rule was put in place for 3 reasons:

1) Protect rookies from vultures
2) Prevent 'bad'/sketchy trades
3) Ensure relatively even swap of comparable talent

The motivators for these were:

1) Rookies don't know the system so they get taken advantage of
2) Magilla and Celery ALWAYS sucked and sold their best assets to contenders for 'perceived' depth (and sometimes others would do this)
3) Top level talent should be included if top level talent is being traded

The INITIAL rule was, a 1st rounder must be sent back in the deal if a 1st rounder is included. It was later revamped to include the MSR (not my brain child by the way) for STAR players as some of the second round guys produced like 1st rounders. There were also minimum ranges that had to be maintained (one manager can not get more than X amount of FPPM or FPPG than the other).

On surface, I don't really have an issue with this trade because of Boguts numbers. Like I said, he has second round talent but a waiver wire body. He's played a good bulk of the games and his numbers aren't flukey.

BUT...as a competing GM, it's classic sell high. Basa been trying to move depth for a star F for a minute. At least he did it better than Shawn. Magilla's just not keen enough to peep it.

But no worries, I'm not enforcing the trade rule anymore this season. It doesn't exist. I'm just going to point out the shady methods and ridicule the losers when it comes to fruition (Hi Mat!).

I mean, the one crevice in the rule was we didn't protect it from early season slumps or put a minimum games played before a 'STAR' player could be traded so scummy dudes try to exploit it. Personally, I think the MSR was kinda low on the FPPG number too. But eh...

If anybody cares, here's the ACTUAL trade rule in the flesh:

-When trading for STAR players (Defined as guys who, avg at minimum 35+ FPPG, 30+ MPG, and 1.2 FPPMā€¦this is the NEW MSR) a player of at least those minimums must be included the other way in the deal. This also includes Multi player deals. (hot players ruling remains the same...league will vote if stats are off but a guy has been hot for 10-20 games)

-Multi player deals must have an offset of stats (meaning a discrepancy in FPPG must be met the opposite way with a discrepancy in FPPM) and no deal should be outside of 30FPPG or .15 Avg FPPM

-Trades on edge of MSR can be brought up for vote, 5 yay or nay, and if not enough votes, trade passes.

https://sites.google.com/site/okpsurvivorreference/home/rules