Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm not even talking about that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398293&mesg_id=2400401
2400401, I'm not even talking about that.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Dec-17-14 11:10 AM
By the numbers, allegedly the primary arbiter of "fairness" in a trade, as they exist RIGHT TODAY, you lost. Period. If the numbers are all that matter, you lost. But certain people are arguing that this trade was outlandish because of how much *you* won. Not the person who the current numbers point to. The person who dealt away the significant numbers.

So... what's the ultimate arbiter of fairness? The numbers? Relative draft position of pieces traded? Our own individual opinions? Injury history? The broad concept of "potential/upside"?

Or should the concept of "fairness" be chucked out the window, because we're all adults trying to do our best to come up in this league, and nobody here is tanking or colluding?

I like Lopez. But if people are arguing this trade unfairly benefits you because Bogut gets hurt a lot, and they aren't mentioning Lopez's injury history (or the fact that Durant is coming off a major injury)... I don't know. I guess people just don't like how many points you're currently scoring per game. Or something.