Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou will never be a threat to anything I've done or will do in Survivor
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398293&mesg_id=2400374
2400374, You will never be a threat to anything I've done or will do in Survivor
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Dec-17-14 09:51 AM
so I'd never be 'mad' at any miniature progress you extract from that picayunish GM 'ability' you foster. Not sure if we can even call it 'ability'. Know your role wee peasant.

*Smug smirk*

Now, with that said...good trade for you. Basa gave up a lot to get Durant though he didn't give up any first or second round draft picks (again, another trade flying in the face of the rule).

I use to do trades like this. Forecasting my depth and capitalizing on it before it faltered for more consistent high end players. I admire it. Makes me reminisce on the good ole days.

*sigh*

*Hill has been benched and anyone who falls out of favor with Scott, usually finds it hard to fall back in (and Kobe might have an opinion too). But hopefully his numbers stay consistent all season. Basa already alluded to why he was trying to dump Hill (he's been at 1.01 FPPM last 5 games). lol

*Scola...Basa been trying to sell him for a month or so now. He knows as West rounds into form, Scola will look more like last year than the guy he's been so far. And yes, West is rounding into form.

*Bogut...2nd round talent, waiver wire body. And he's CURRENTLY hurt with a knee ailment that's vaguely diagnosed. Which means he'll probably be in and out of the lineup all year...ESPECIALLY if they want to preserve him for the playoffs.

*Barea...there's a glut at G in Dal, some weeks he'll be up, some he'll be down. Right now he's down.

You'll be marginally better but you're not skilled enough to manage the variation these 4 players are going to throw at you. And it'll sting every time Durant puts up 55 plus. It does makes Basa a 'smidge' more vulnerable at F so I guess that's a takeaway.

But he knows he snuck out before the riot started. That's why he's in the parking lot telling you how good your team looks now and that 'you'll be in 1st place by Feb'. I bet he won't even be acknowledging you in Feb. Nor will he say 'my bad' if you're still in last place.

Nope, he'll snicker and sip a warm green tea with a twinge of honey while reclining in his (non)smoking jacket and slippers as he clicks his laptop keyboard to open up another boxscore containing a Durant 'powerup' game.

Awesome!