Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnobody does
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2391077&mesg_id=2392734
2392734, nobody does
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Nov-21-14 01:46 PM
>i make trades that i think make sense. i try to sell high and
>buy low, sure, but i don't think magilla "lost" the trade. I
>think two teams got better. I think my team got more better
>than magilla's team, sure.
>

if youre not trying to make your team better whats the point?

But yea some guys just will think youre trying to get over in them

Case in point, people think im trolling with Donald Sloan, but when I first tried to trade him he was right above 1fppm.

Ive explicitly said to people I dont think hes a good basketball player but Ive watched indiana games in the preseason and early season and theres an opportunity for him to be a solid .ws player which he is so far.

Indiana's guards have been getting all they want of the ball and they are free to score, and pass as they please. Their usage rate is way above the past years.

George Hill is a better player than Donald Sloan and will get thise same opportunities if and when he gets back. He was crushing the preseason and I was hoping to have him play early - but now who knows when he'll be back.

I thoink both Sloan will be fine as the season progresses but I got Kyrie, MCW, adn Reggie-- no minutes.

I can wait for Hills value to come up but i already lost on a few free agents because Im holding those 2 roster spots so Ive been shopping them to see what i can get + a roster spot - (which looking at our all drop all stars is a great way to add on to a team).

>I've traded a decent amount in this league--a lot more
>frequently than a lot of the people who like to talk about
>their trading philosophies, the offers they make/get made to
>them, and how to trade properly or not--and I think a part of
>that is because I don't go trolling with shitty offers* or
>make trades that people will then regret and vow to not get
>fleeced by me in the future.
>
>*I know LA thinks I have trolled him with shitty offers
>before, but those offers weren't shit in my mind, he and I
>just don't agree on how to determine value on our players. So
>I don't make offers to him much at all because of that. but if
>a trade lines up, i'll offer or i'll listen.
>

LA thinks everybody trolls him with offers.

Again I didnt start that post to say shit other than as I ws thinking and looking at it last night it was more clear to me that you won that deal pretty well.

You read my analysis yesterday and I thought it was a good deal so i was just writing an addendum.