Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTo be fair to both parties...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2391077&mesg_id=2392593
2392593, To be fair to both parties...
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Nov-21-14 09:57 AM
... it's obviously much easier to "win a trade" when your team is scoring 290ish and your trade partner is scoring 210ish. Teams with greater depth are in the position of power in a trade and can afford to ask for what they want. TJT can afford to continue without a center upgrade more than Magilla can afford to continue without a guard upgrade. When you add that Magilla's deepest position is center, it's easy to see how it played out the way it did.

I felt Wroten was trending down too, but he can be up and down (for what I remember of having him much of last season), so maybe Magilla simply feels he'll be more up, and that was the highest ceiling offer on his table. Can't fault him if that's the case, even if I think Chandler has more value than Wroten provides-- if no one was offering more value, and he likes Wroten's potential, and he can't afford to continue to go forward without another guard... no-brainer on his part, from that perspective.