Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject#13Warz
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2383141&mesg_id=2388454
2388454, #13Warz
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Nov-10-14 12:20 PM
P.S. have you gusy ever read this near the waiver pickup?
So WS knows about the issue its not a "bug"

You will be allowed to have more than 12 players temporarily, and will lose the 13th, 14th, etc. when the next deadline arrives. Make sure you double-check the order of your lineup if you will have more than 12 players.

Here is what Austin (the guy who runs WS now wrote me on reddit. I hit him up at the height of #13warz last week

So he didnt create it and sees where it can be problematic. I suggest that the waiver priority rotates through the league so that the worst team doesnt always have priority

re: QUestion about .WS
from SportsWS sent 7 days ago
Hah. I like the names you have for it. (he was referring to popcorn and volleyball.)
I've definitely noticed that in my own leagues, but have to attribute all of the actual logic behind the code to the original creators.
I'm believe it was probably coded that way intentionally, but it's certainly something that can be exploited depending on how your league runs. To be honest, as a user it doesn't really bother me all that much (not like one guy in one of my leagues that scooped up Jeremy Lin off waivers in July and rolled with a 13-man team all summer until the first freeze deadline).

My opinion as a user is that if a team is in last place day in and day out, they can hold on to whatever waiver players they want - at that stage they need all the help they can get. It's not like they can benefit from that player's stats in an actual box score, right?

What would you suggest we do? You should bring this up in the Contributor's Only forum at the site if you have access, there are plenty of long-time users who's opinions I'd be curious to get on this.
What's your username at the site? You can message me on there (ak31), too. I'm not often here at Reddit to check messages.
permalinkreportblock usermark unreadreply