Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think you are focusing too much on his offensive skill set
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2383007&mesg_id=2383443
2383443, I think you are focusing too much on his offensive skill set
Posted by Kajun, Wed Oct-29-14 11:18 AM
Which is still very raw and evolving. Dream didn't enter the league with a polished post game, it took time before he was dream shaking mfers out of their converses. The comparison is based on their body types, movement and defensive instincts. Davis' defense and movement is way more Dream than David to me.

Admiral was a great athlete and defender, but he was more polished and conventional in that regard. Same with Duncan. The KG comparisons are so popular because there is a similar baby deer-ness to the young versions of those 2. Still learning their bodies, still trying to harness their gifts. Sometimes its awkward. Admiral was never like that as a professional, he came into the league ready to rock, as polished as a rookie Center as you'll ever see.

But in the end, I still say he's simply the first Anthony Davis. His unique evolution from guard to big man in such a short span really dictates this. All of these other guys were big men from grade school on up, and it showed.