Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOKP Survivor X 2014-15 Preseason Kickoff Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373542&mesg_id=2373542
2373542, OKP Survivor X 2014-15 Preseason Kickoff Post
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Oct-15-14 11:07 AM
http://hoops.sports.ws/

They've done some new, sexy things to the site that I like and the phone functionality has improved significantly. I think I might paypal them a few bucks just off GP. These guys were the right owners and we all benefit from it. Join the league (info below) and play around with some of the new features.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roster:

1) Robe
2) The Deputy Commish
3) The Commish
4) Frank Longo
5) Theo
6) Ernie
7) Matty Ice
8) Basa
9) Boogs
10)LABeat
11)Ryan M
12)TJT
13)Shawn
14)Ceej
15)Magilla
16)TheRealBillyOcean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bidness:

The league has been set up: OKP Survivor Season X: A Kings Robe
Go Join Now!
Password: http://youtu.be/vdtZmPEsXwY (No spaces...all one word)
Logo -
http://basketball.sports.ws/media/league/11210a0eeded9b402779bd616ce2059c.jpg

Vote results:
1)New Entry Fee:
14 votes-
9 for option 3 ($60 going forward)
5 for option 1 ($100 going forward)
New fee is $60 going forward (until we decide on another increase)

2)Fanduel-
10 to 1 for Nay

3)Division Draft/Realignment
7-3 Yay - Most prevalent choice was to randomize rather than draft and Cenario proposed an idea so I'll let the league choose between the two and we'll do whichever is chose and immediately assign divisions.

Draft:

-Friday, Oct 17 (Noon EST) thru Sunday, Oct 19 (6pm EST): 8 hour time limit to pick. Set contingencies because the clock will even run overnight.

-Sunday, Oct 19 (6pm EST) thru Monday, Oct 20, (Noon EST) clock off but picks can still be made.

-Monday, Oct 20, Noon-1pm EST, LIVE Draft* (see below on time limit).
1pm-5pm EST, Slow draft, 12 min time limit.

-Draft continues untimed from 5pm EST through noon EST on Tuesday, Oct 21st.

-(If necessary)Tuesday, Oct 21, Noon-1pm EST, LIVE Draft* (see below on time limit).
1pm-5pm EST, Slow draft, 15 min time limit.

*Live draft time limit will be determined by how much we finish over the weekend. If we finish between 2.5 to 3 rounds, the Live draft pick time limit will be 5 mins. If we finish less than 2.5 rounds, the Live draft pick time limit will be 3 mins.

FEE:
Fee of $60 will be due Thursday, October 23rd. Late payment results in loss of IR benefit for the entire season.

There's an additional $160 added to the pot this year so the below would be the payouts:
-Division Winners: $60 ($50 prior)
-Runner Up: $240 ($200 prior)
-Champion: $480 ($400 prior)

However, I've proposed a few participation ideas that would decrease the pot by $30. If we agree on one of those, I'll dock $20 from the winner and $10 from the runner up pot ($460 & $230).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Participation exercises:
-This season everyone will contribute to the rankings video. We'll be inboxing/announcing in the season posts in regard to who's up next. This will require 2 things: audio (most phones have a voice recorder) and email to send the audio.

-As this is the 10th season we've been at this, I'm thinking for those of us that are unfamiliar with each other IRL, we could all submit one pic for usage in the rankings videos (I did this for a few of us last season...Basa, Shawn, Ceej...felt like it brought some humanity to you inhumane bastids lol).

-There have been some ideas thrown around regarding creative ways to maintain participation (Pot for best 3 year avg) and I have a few suggestions:

1)The Loser reward - The best non-playoff team would receive half of their entry fee back ($30). This would reward those at the bottom of the standings for continuing to fight through adversity.

OR

2)The best trash talker prize - The GM voted best trash talker gets half their entry fee back ($30). This would encourage participation even if your team sucks because it's based on wit moreso than standings.

I'll post these for vote also.

Once again...IT'S ON!!!!