Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTime for Bulls fans to face the truth.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2445689
2445689, Time for Bulls fans to face the truth.....
Posted by murph71, Fri May-15-15 06:54 AM

As I said on this board for much of the year, the Bulls will never win a championship if they continue their heavy reliance on D. Rose to be their primary scorer. Too many questions on his future health....

But even more than that is the way the Bulls r constructed. Rose works very well as your no. 1 IF u have a post game to keep teams honest. The Bulls have no such post game. So what u r left with is a stagnant offense that only clicks when our 6'3 PG is attacking the basket. But when u have no post game that paint becomes packed then scoring becomes that much harder....Rose is NOT a consistent enough 3 point shooter to run that style of offense.....

This is not about pulling the same mindless blame game we see on this board time after time....It's the way the Bulls are constructed. When u don't have a post game and your PG's main strength is slashing to the basket u get a massive L like last night....

If I'm the Bulls I do the following.....

--Thibs is gone....So we need to go after a coach that allows more freedom and a faster pace on offense...I would start with Mark Jackson and work my way down the list...

--Move Noah. He's the Bulls most valuable player not named Rose. If the Bulls want to continue to be a possessed defensive team who leaves it all out on the floor, cool. But if we want to have a more balanced attack we gotta make some serious changes. Starting with moving Noah, who is viewed as the heart and soul of the team. I love Noah. But there is a glaring issue when we couldn't even take advantage of a string of mismatches we had....There were 6'7-6'8 forwards and guards sticking Noah.

And yet we couldn't make Cleveland pay because of Noah's ineptness on the offensive end. Noah is tough, man. Plays the right way. Defends like a mad man. And rebounds his ass off. But we need a different type of BIG MAN....A Rasheed Wallace, Al Horford, L. Aldrige type...A big man that can bang and shoot the 14-15 foot jumper.....

--Resign Butler....Give dude his money. He's only going to get better....

Revamp the bench....and take the leash off of Niko....That's all I got for now...