Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: my point is they shouldnt be
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2424267
2424267, RE: my point is they shouldnt be
Posted by murph71, Wed Feb-25-15 12:06 PM
>>I mean, we could make a solid run to the ECF with Pau as
>the
>>primary but that's about it. More likely Tor or ATL beats
>us
>>in round 2.
>>
>>D-Rose wasn't the best player on the team this year and that
>>was actually good because his 'threat' was enough to make us
>>dangerous.
>>
>>Remove that and we're better than last year but still not
>>title contenders.
>
>I disagree I think you are still title contenders. What rose
>was giving you this season isnt what was gonna push you over
>the top.

And I want what u r sniffing, homie....I did not have the Bulls beating a Western Conference team in the Finals. And it was still a toss up up that we would get pass Cleveland. But I was much more confident with Rose starting at point than I am with what we have now. And even when Rose was struggling with his shot he kept the opposing team honest and created more space for Pau and Jimmy to operate....He was the perfect decoy who still showed more than enough flashes of brilliance....

The bottom line is the Bulls are not a better team with Rose out of the lineup. In fact, this team will be pretty damn feisty and win some games. And may even win a 1st round series within the weak East. But we are NOT contenders....In the playoffs they are going to key on Pau and Jimmy. It is what it is...

The Bulls now have to get serious about the future. That means finding another offensive playmaker/anchor and restructuring this team.

Next season: Keep Noah, keep Niko, see what else u can get out of Pau, and give Jimmy his money as our no. 2 guy.

But everyone else we need to make serious decisions on...Including Rose, god bless him....We have to move on.