Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI figured it out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2411417
2411417, I figured it out...
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jan-15-15 09:27 AM
It's 3 fold:

1) D-Rose is semi-coasting, semi-working back his game. He's still having trouble finishing on occasion and his legs are still working into NBA game shape. BUT, he doesn't give tons of effort on D. Most of the time he funnels his guy to the big and the rotations have to be crisp for that to be effective but it puts a huge strain on the D. He's ESPECIALLY lax on the pick and roll D. Last night he actually put in the most effort I've seen him attempt for the past 15 games but Noah went down and Wash started abusing us inside.

2) Dunny is hurt. While not a stellar on-ball guy, at team D he's very good. Couple that with him being 6'9"-6'10" and he's a lanky defender who can contest/close due to his length and rebound given his size. Also his shooting touch spaces the floor for us perfectly and he'll surprise with cuts to the basket on occasion. Snell only offers a fraction of those things and we're much smaller and worse from outside when Kirk starts.

3) Health/Fatigue. With all the injuries we haven't gotten as much continuity as we could have at this point. Doug, Derrick, Noah, Pau, Taj, Kirk and Dunny have all missed time this year. With that Jimmy has carried a lot of the load on both sides of the ball. Pau too when he's been healthy. So both might be a little zapped right now.

I think after allstar break we might settle in.

I do believe a goon like JO would help in limited minutes as a back up for Noah (as long as he's healthy, that'd be a great pick up) but you have to remember that if we bring someone in, one of our rotation guys will lose time (Niko is first on the chopping block unless he plays the 3 behind Dunny). And I'd love to get Born Ready from Cha if they'd be willing to take Snell, Moore and whatever exception space we might have (if any) to make the numbers work. Maybe a draft pick (2nd rounder). Kirk isn't going anywhere and Aaron's played too well to trade.