Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbest win of the season so far against the Clips tonight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2391163
2391163, best win of the season so far against the Clips tonight
Posted by mashpg89, Tue Nov-18-14 11:19 AM
Just beautiful basketball to watch. Maybe it's something about when Rose is injured, but this game showed the grittiness of the 2013-2014 team and everybody played their role. The defense is finally starting to look like typical Thibs D.

Jimmy Butler: The Bulls should have given him a better offer, but we MUST not lose him in free agency this summer. He's becoming one of the best 2-way shooting guards in the game and might even score enough to fulfill the secondary shot creator gap I've been begging to be addressed for years. Pay this man.

Kirk, Taj, Noah, & Dunleavy: Supreme competitors. They all know their roles and play it to perfection.

Mirotic: This kid can ball. He still makes some defensive mistakes and silly fouls but overall his defense is pretty good and he's a great playmaker as well as shooter. This was his best game of the season so far and props to Thibs for giving him the minutes.

McDermott: He seems pretty lost out there and his shots aren't falling. Might take him another year or two to figure out how to play with this team.

Great start to the circus road trip though. They showed strong defense, the ability to make a comeback, and withstand a legitimate run from the home team. I'd like to see this team play this way when they're at full strength. Bulls came out with an edge, and they'll need to start with that energy at the United Center if they want to go into the playoffs with homecourt advantage.

Great win, I'm feeling optimistic. When this team gels I think we'll be damn near unbeatable if everybody is playing to their potential.