Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTime for some real talk....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2386127
2386127, Time for some real talk....
Posted by murph71, Tue Nov-04-14 11:35 AM
I know that we Bulls fans get defensive when we hear idiot Knick and Bron fans throw darts (I say Bron fans because I really got no beef with REAL Cavs fans...They have been through hell...Most Bron fans, the ones that jumped off that Heat dick and STILL talk shit about my Bulls, get the middle finger) on some bullshit.

But let's forget about them for a second...Let's look inside our own kitchen...The Bulls are a team built for the playoffs...We have both size and depth...We have a tough coach that gets the best out of his players...(Still, we lack a true second scorer on the wing...Can that player be Butler?)

But I think we need to get down to some heavy reality and ask a very important question: How should we deal with D. Rose?

I say this on some sober-minded shit...Not on some pie-in-the-sky SUPER FAN, ALL-IS-RIGHT optimism...The Bulls cannot win a title without D. Rose on the floor...It's just that simple...And we all know this...So what to do when we continually gasp and have a stroke when we see dude limp to the bench even for something as seemingly innocuous as an ankle sprain? That ain't life....

I am inclined to let Rose rest on back to backs or games against lottery teams...Hell, I don't even want him playing in this Orlando game tonight...

If the injuries keep up to a bigger degree, it's clear the Bulls need to start preparing for life without Rose as painful as that would be for me and others....

There is one thing I am VERY optimistic about besides Pau showing he still has game and our bench coming back to life...Management is finally getting through to Thibs about punishing his players with obscene minutes...Hopefully he will stay with this mindset...It's no reason to be playing Noah, Rose, or Jimmy Buckets 37 plus minutes a game....

Keep the minutes down and handle Rose in a smart manner and I think the Bulls will have a successful post season...But life after Rose needs to be on the table....That's just the reality of the situation...