Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPlease, show an example of people actively rooting for him to fall
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2364393&mesg_id=2364424
2364424, Please, show an example of people actively rooting for him to fall
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Sep-04-14 12:27 PM
on hard times.

Show us posts where people say that they hope he keeps struggling.

Show us posts where people actively want his situation to get worse.

Show us ANYTHING said that would even approach making the person who said it “the lowest scumbag on the site”.

Show us one post that plainly illustrates someone actively rooting for him to fall on hard times, and not a post you have to bend, twist, and shape to fit the narrative you want to exist.

Perhaps the most common AI reference on OKP is where Lakers fans remind SPM that our ‘guy’ has five rings and still has an NBA career while his ‘guy’, the one he spent years screaming was better than Kobe, flamed out and became a pariah and generally failed at life.

People here clown athletes personal failures as part of Agenda Wars all. Thee. Fucking. Time.

It’s arguably worse to consistently call a man a rapist who was never convicted and never even went to trial in a state known for making mincemeat of sexual predators than it is to point out that A.I got sued for nearly a million dollars worth of jewelry that he defaulted on.

Somehow A.I became this sacred cow that nobody can crack on at the sole expense of his fans.

Literally NOBODY here roots for A.I to fail.

Nobody wants to see one of the games greats in such a position.

There’s a massive contextual difference between what you’re saying and what actually happens, which is usually some form of an Iverstanian resident popping off about a player some other poster likes and the other poster responding with some shit about Iverson being broke and playing in Turkey.