Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhat?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363962&mesg_id=2364292
2364292, What?
Posted by BabyYoda, Wed Sep-03-14 06:32 PM
>was overhearing coworkers talk about how folks that play
>fantasy sports are losers who can't play real sports.
>thoughts?

So, what do you call non fantasy sports playing people who can't play professional sports? People who think like that probably do not understand the appeal of fantasy sports. Also, they don't understand that fantasy sports is growing in popularity to the point where companies are trying to capitalize off of it.

There are fantasy leagues where you can win up to $100K. Sports channels have shows dedicated to fantasy sports. Millions of people play fantasy sports just like millions bet on sports, play parlay cards, conduct office pools, etc. it is becoming big business.

Lastly, I would hate to know what hobby or passion they consider to be winners. Lastly, some people just feel that way. I recently had some woman charge me when I told her I had to finish drafting in a few fantasy football leagues that day(she had other plans, so he charging me was her choice but a tad judgmental on her end). Oh well..lol