Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI went to the Titans game, had great club level seats.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2380267
2380267, I went to the Titans game, had great club level seats.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Oct-20-14 10:08 PM
It was like watching the "all 22" in real time, I was right on the 45.

Hey ya'll know what? This team blows beyond belief.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BAD THIS TEAM IS.

Up where we were you could see the entire field:

- Kirk throwing to a wide open Titan who wasn't anywhere near a burgundy jersey
- an incompetent D-line fighting like hell and getting NOWHERE near the QB on every snap
- wide open receivers. WIDE FUCKING OPEN. Desean Jackson is open on
every play no matter where he is on the field I swear to you.
- an offensive line that is immediately on its heels as soon as the
ball is snapped.
- safeties that respond to unfolding plays a full second after the snap.
( I swear to you, the safeties remind me of when I say something to
my wife on the couch while she's playing on her phone and she's
like "whut?" then responds two seconds later)

What was good? I think Ryan Kerrigan is great and that his talent is being wasted by there being no other defensive line penetration (ie wack ass players next to him and a shitty coordinator.) Kerrigan gets double teamed every play and is just too late to make an impact - he gets off the ball like he's been shot out of a cannon.

And I also cannot stress this enough so I'll say this again - 2 of 3 players out of Pierre Garcon, Desean Jackson, and the playing tight end are always open - ALWAYS. Pierre is open on every play, Desean is open on every play and I AM NOT EXAGGERATING - IT WOULD TAKE AVERAGE QUARTERBACK PLAY FOR THIS TEAM TO AVERAGE 24 POINTS!!!

I know the defense blows but honestly that's at least three years from being worth a damn anyway...and that's with good drafts and player development, both of which we've proven we're incapable of doing well with.

Dude even if like Chad Pennington circa 02 was our QB we'd be moving the ball and scoring on the regular. Some other pseudo-trash bamma I don't know Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer whatever, we'd be KILLING. The TV broadcast doesn't do this situation enough justice.

This IS a legitimate QB crisis - a crisis in that we're absolutely loaded with pass catching talent and don't have anyone that can pass well or protect the passer consistently.