Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWeek 4 home against the Giants
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2371984
2371984, Week 4 home against the Giants
Posted by Dae021, Fri Sep-26-14 12:46 PM
- Losing DeAngelo was a lot larger than I think anyone could've ever thought. As much as I like Breeland he was overmatched last night. The speed and efficiency of which the Giants operate they're west coast offense killed us, especialyl with NO passrush all night long. Our big end rushers looked totally overmatched by a patchwork 2nd strong line. Something has to give there though.

I know everyone was screaming to double the TE, but they were Doubling Cruz because he will salsa left one on one with a rookie or 2nd year corner in the redzone. So i get it, Merriweather was just completely overmatched and out of position alot. It was a bad night for him. I know that not everything is on one player, but as a player when you're in a position to make a play you've got to make it. He could've easily had a pick 6, would've brought the game to 10 points with plenty of time, instead he bricks hands it, and they kept it pushing. Bad day.

- RUN THE FUCKING BALL. Jay has got to learn to lean on Alf, not just to set up the pass, but in a real effort to take the pressure off of KC. Morris is ready to ball, ready for the work and they continually take the ball out of his hands which leads to the funballs.

- Kirk had a bad night, he wasn't accurate most of the night and lost his confidence. If he wants to be a legit starter in this league he's going to develop a short memory. I watched him carry each pick into the next time he was in the huddle, pressing hard to get it all back. There are no 17 point plays, but he lost his poise and started chucking. Its not a great sign, we'll see what he does the next couple of weeks against really good Defenses who cover well and get after the quarterback. We're going to find out real quick who he is, and what sort of quarterback he's going to be.

- Special teams, didn't give up any backbreaking plays, but the kick returns are just one tackle away from going to the house almost all the time, meanwhile our guys get blown up 4 yards shy of the 20 everytime. They're just not good.

- Lets burn this tape and try to do better next week, but a few more of these performances I think the KC honeymoon will be well and over.