Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectweek 2 thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2368833
2368833, week 2 thoughts
Posted by Awburn, Tue Sep-16-14 10:43 AM
i know tiger woods has a post about pro ball in general being less interesting, but it seems like there is an unusually high amount of indifference this year for this team.

WJFK talked about this last friday. there was very little pre-game energy on their local shows throughout the day. maybe losing 9 games in a row beats a fan base down, but its not like we aren't used to losing! playing the jags will suppress interest, but in the past folks would at least pick the jags to win and joke about how the skins are the team to play of you want to win your first game in awhile.

this year, its like no one cares either way.

Gruden has called two very good games. WRs are getting wide open. All the weapons are being used (DY with two tds!). Alf is makin it do what it do.

Rookies are contributing from day one - grant had a nice game. Silas Redd got busy - yeah the jags were tired and didnt care at that point, but Redd DID care. He's not a retread FA on his second contract. The bama is hungry and helu is gonna have to watch his back.

Haslett is leading the #1 defense in the NFL. don't care about the offenses we've played against. The defense is doing its job. Kerrigan is finna get paid. If baccari rambo wasnt terrible, the defense would have given up 6 points in two games.

The team has the depth to survive injuries and the backups - Baker for Cofield, Paul for Reed, Roberts for Jackson, Cousins for Bob all showed out.

Free agent signings are not just decent but in jason hatcher and andre roberts cases are balling the eff out.

I know the jags are terrible. But that was us in the past. Its not us this year. Against better teams, jay is gonna have to figure out what looks were confusing to Kirk last year and help him cut back on turnovers.

I dont see any reason why we can't beat philly on sunday. it will be interesting to see how the defense responds to its first true challenge.