Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWeek 1 @ Houston
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2366281
2366281, Week 1 @ Houston
Posted by Dae021, Tue Sep-09-14 04:49 PM
- Offensively they mixed things up and took what the Texans gave them. They stuck to run plays early and underneath passes because that's what the Texans gave them. Gruden didn't call a bad game, it just got away from him when things weren't within his playcalling sheet.

- Griff wasn't bad, just didn't have a ton of time and wasn't a world beater. There was one sack that was his fault because he got happy feet in the pocket and broke contain only to run right into JJ. The pocket was there, he needed to be a bit more patient. His sideline pass rolling to his right was outstanding. He saw him late and he didn't get his shoulders square to the line so the ball floated a bit, but it was a great play and one I hope to see more from. I can't believe they called that outta bounds. All in all I wasn't upset with him.

- Defensively I was impressed with Keenan Robinson, his speed in the middle is very apparent, that kid wanted an opportunity to play and he seems like he's going to seize it.

The front line was great when Hatcher and Barry Coefield were in, when they weren't no push. Baker does a good job against the run, but no upfront pressure. Orakpo and Kerrigan got split out with empty backfields so they had to be accountable for someone, so they couldn't rush. Great job of game planning by Houston.

Man Bacarri Rambo even the blown coverage WHAT THE FUCK WAS HIS TACKLE ATTEMPT!!! Dude what the fuck is he doing, that shit was disgraceful. Other than that I didn't really have a huge issue with the D. They did their job.

- Special teams, good gracious same things different year. Roy Helu spaced and never even put a hand on Blue. That's a terrible mistake that cost the team. Then the damn blocked EP. COME THE FUCK ON.

- The fumbles are inexcusable. Griff you've got to learn to live another play. Niles Paul shouldn't even be in there. He has to hold onto that ball. That's 48 yards for NOTHING. Speaking of..... Jordan Reed has got to stay on the field! This dude had a huge amount of the game plan for him and he can't even make it through the 1st half. COME THE FUCK ON. I don't know if he's not eating right, or if football just isn't for him. I'm not sure, but something has got to change.

- Coaching I wasn't upset. 7-9 might be slipping to 6-10 or 5-11.