Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectcause you want it both ways
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2357281&mesg_id=2358005
2358005, cause you want it both ways
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Aug-08-14 02:02 PM
for some reason you want everyone else to see them as the favorite when you don't. you've painted this entire board as Love stans and have oddly taken this "Me against the World" stance. people NEVER claimed this move makes them perfect, just that it makes sense. it certainly brings them closer to a title right now. why doesn't that make sense? not every big move guarantees a title. in fact, no move guarantees a title.

>People said that the Cavs should trade Wiggins for Love
>because Wiggins would take a few years to develop and it would
>be wasting Lebron's prime.

he could also not develop at all. then what would everyone say?

>So you would think that trading for Love would be a win-now
>move but people are saying its not.

they're saying it isn't a guarantee, but it certainly is a "win-now" move in that it moves their window up significantly.

>If its going to take 2 or 3 years to become a contender with
>Love they might have been better off sticking with Wiggins.

they become a contender instantly, just not the #1 contender. should every big move make you the #1 contender? was the clippers trading for cp3 dumb? was the rockets signing howard dumb? shit, i wouldn't even call the lakers trading for howard dumb, even in retrospect. it made sense.

>
>If Wiggins is an All-Star before the Cavs win a title they
>might end up looking kind of foolish.

and what if wiggins sucks? he's played zero minutes so far and they just blew a #1 pick on bennett. wouldn't it be more foolish for them to wait around for him to MAYBE get good? they already know what love can do and i think the trade is worth it for them to see where they can go with him. as someone else pointed out, this team is not locked in the way you think it is. they can still add pieces next offseason or maybe even make a trade midseason depending on how the chips fall.

>
>There's been a lot of hype about Kevin Love being a great
>player just stuck on a bad team, now he's playing with the
>best player in the world AND one of the top young point guards
>in the league. He's officially out of excuses. He won't be
>hiding in Minnesota padding bogus stats in meaningless games,
>he'll be playing on a contender in nationally televised games
>so everyone will get to see what he's really all about.

that's all fair, but conversely i'm not sure why you're SO convinced he'll fail. you coulda made similar arguments about a bunch of players before they were traded and won championships, including Pau. btw Kobe stans love to prop him up by saying "Pau never made it out of the first round w/o Kobe." Well, using your logic, why bother trading for Pau then? What exactly was PROVEN about Pau's ability to win in memphis?