Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectok, go find O_E's post about that series.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2357281&mesg_id=2357737
2357737, ok, go find O_E's post about that series.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Aug-07-14 04:25 PM
there were at least 10 people who tried to play the "it's old, let's move on" card. and at least 10 more that were mad at him for making it, calling him all kinds of "hater", etc.

the people who pretend 2011 didn't happen, or think it matters less in the big (unrealistic) picture (that they themselves crafted for him, mind you) don't get to say "passes for life" after they hint about rank him above Michael Jordan (and there were people trying to do that, too).

I'm of the mind that LeBron is without certification or ranking, an all-time great, who likely won't have the ridiculous resume that Michael Jordan has. That's fine, because it can be explained, simply by he hasn't played on the best teams available. he's done a lot to control that variable over the last 4-5 years, which is something you can't say of Jordan. his story will be a different one.

if you're going to put him up with the big dogs, you have to look at everything. and a lot of the big dogs don't have a series where something like -that- happens. that's all I've ever said.

I think O_E hit the nail on the head when he said he had zero problems with LeBron James the person, but a few issues with LeBron James the basketball player, who can somehow be overrated whilst still being the best player in basketball and one of the best in basketball history.

but if you point out those things, people go crazy. it's weird.

reminds me of Jay-Z, really.