Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectexactly -- will okp indulge a little Bill Simmons shit-talking?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2348048&mesg_id=2348242
2348242, exactly -- will okp indulge a little Bill Simmons shit-talking?
Posted by celery77, Wed Jul-09-14 06:30 PM
I just listened to the most recent BS Report with Z-Lo, and Bill was going on about how, "I don't understand why GMs don't sign restricted free agents to big offer sheets just to fuck with their team. Like why doesn't someone just sign Chandler Parsons to a MAX deal to throw a wrench in Morey's whole Bosh play?" (note: he prattled on about similar dumbass shit last year w/r/t Nikola Pekovic) Bill adds, "If I was a GM, I'd be tweaking other teams all the time! Just sign people to mess with other teams!"

uhhhh, Bill? Have you seriously not thought through why this is a bad idea? Because the other team can just DECLINE to match and then you're stuck with a dumbass contract. Like it appears we have with the Mavs here. Yes, it will hurt the Rockets, but when you put Morey in a situation where his choices are Chandler Parsons at $15M per or no Chandler Parsons, you know what? That's a pretty easy decision. Dallas can have him. The Rockets are crazy if they match that, because it's a bad contract, even if they don't necessarily use that cap $ to sign Bron or Melo.