Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I Disagree Somewhat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2348048&mesg_id=2348082
2348082, RE: I Disagree Somewhat
Posted by murph71, Wed Jul-09-14 04:10 PM
>>
>>I don't think Bron and Bosh had much to do with this...
>>
>>It's all LaLa and that loot...
>>
>>Because it wasn't about winning...
>I disagree about the winning part. The only real serious
>contenders that made their pitch was Houston and Chicago.
>Chicago couldn't afford him, and I don't think he was really a
>fit in Houston. I think he still wants to win, and Chicago (or
>Dallas) would be his best bet, but Chicago couldn't make it
>work with the $. That's a LOT of $ to sacrifice. Not to
>mention no way Phil takes on Boozer in a sign and trade.
>Chicago should've BEEN amnestied Boozer.

2 things....

1. If Melo was 28 u would have a point. But the reason why I think he basically chose family happiness/money over winning is because at 30 years old Melo will lose one of his important prime years in rebuilding. And once that happens, it's a complete gamble to get a second superstar the season after next to play alongside Melo (Durant, LA out of Portland...who?)...This is Melo having complete faith in Feel. And I hope that faith pays off...Because this is indeed a gamble...

2. Melo could have gone to the Bulls if he really wanted to via Sign & Trade. He would have gotten his money...Feel/Knicks would have gotten 1st round picks, expiring contracts and possibly a guy that has been touted to be a top 4 pick in this years draft...But he didn't want to leave because LaLa was not about to let him leave that money on the table. It is what it is...

>>But like I've always said. It's really hard to leave that
>>money on the table AND not have a happy wife/family...
>I agree with this
>
>If I'm the Bulls, I go all out for Born Ready...he can
>complement Rose, can score, play D, and he'll be a lot
>cheaper. Either that, or possibly drive up the price on
>Chandler Parsons

We need a creator and a second superstar...I can put up with Born Ready's bullshit given that Thibs commands respect...But we should go HARD at Love before Cleveland gets any bright ideas (if they end up getting Bron the rumor is they are going HARD at Love....)....