Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI say overpay a couple guys for two years and max out one guy for a year.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2348048&mesg_id=2348069
2348069, I say overpay a couple guys for two years and max out one guy for a year.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-09-14 03:55 PM
The only people worth throwing money at next year are Rondo and Love. Ensuring we have a max slot available to offer love next year should be a priority, so I have no problem giving out ridiculous money if someone is willing to take a shit ton of money to put up nice numbers on a bad team for a year.

Since we’ve got to meet that cap minimum, resign Young/Xavier/Hill, throw 8mil at Isaiah Thomas for 2 years, see if Indy will take Nash’s expiring bag of dildos so we can overpay the shit out of Born Ready for like 15 mil for one year and see if we can’t snag a trade exception for Pau when he follows Melo to the Knicks.

I dunno how the numbers will work, but I’d be fine some bullshit like that. At least we’d put up some points and have flexibility to make a run at KD.