Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI disagree completely.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2346566&mesg_id=2346937
2346937, I disagree completely.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jul-05-14 10:08 PM
He's worth good money, but not max money. His numbers would definitely go up in a different team, but I buy him as a secondary player, and he makes a great #3 man. He's perfect for Houston because they already have two big dogs on the team and he gives them a big to take pressure off of Dwight inside.

He also doesn't need to rebound much, and that's not exactly his strength anyways and that's something I *personally* expect out of a max player at the 4, unless he's an overwhelming offensive presence like Dirk.

That said, I like Bosh in certain situations and while you can argue him as a "max" guy, I don't view him as *the* guy you build a team around, but rather a good complimentary guy to put around *the* guy and possibly another guy. If it takes paying max money to bring in a guy like him to put you over, so be it. I'd pay it. I certainly wouldn't pay him to be the guy I rebuild around while my other star is on decline at best and possibly finished at worst.

So as far as the Lakers, I'd pay 15 mil for Bosh if I could also manage snatch up Lance and Ariza/Deng, but not for max money. If you think it's a good idea for the Lakers to spend that kind of money on Bosh, well...