Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: The thing is, crowds LOVE awesome matches
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2344800&mesg_id=2355065
2355065, RE: The thing is, crowds LOVE awesome matches
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Jul-28-14 06:47 PM
>And what was so good about the Attitude Era was the ENERGY
>from the glass breaking or "If ya smeeeeelllll" - The crowd
>reaction is contagious, and we know at home when it's fake.
>
>If you put this on TV:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDlh1dac-Y
>
>it would do SERIOUS 'bers (and, oh hey, Generico's in NXT).
>

Dopeness. Zayn is gonna be everything folks wanted Christian to be. And probably everything DDP was too old to be...at least.

WWE is headed towards a generation of Flair/Bret/Shawn/Punk/Japan fans being all up at the top of the card. They need to quit playing and admit it. Unlike Eddy G. and Wild Pegasus, these new age smaller guys aren't trying to blow their bodies up to pretend they aren't short. And Cena, ADR, Orton, and Fella can't be headlining everything while folks wait for Phil to show up.

>But you've got to have patience to build these guys, and Vince
>has famously shown that's a quality he does NOT have. So we
>get Sheamus dropping jew and mexican jokes in 2013. Or Super
>Cena OVERCOMING THOSE ODDS one mo' gin.

Stubborness is a positive trait sometimes. But having Cena become Hogan 92 (winning even when the story doesn't call for it at all) in an era where info, WWE network, the IWC, etc. are all pushing for things to change more often is bad idea jeans fo sho.

It is unfortunate cuz I think Cena is a physical hoss and a helluva company guy. Circumstances like lack of options don't hurt, but dude has been there for them. John has proven that he can go when he gets in there with someone who can go too. He's like Super Lex Luger in this regard...he's just about the most carriable wrestler who has been dubbed as 'bad' ever. His matches hit a wall and he get's stuck with 'jump up really fast, AA, pin' as a finish when he's set to win. He needs more 'gotcha' roll-up wins. And no...I'm not talking the distraction roll-up that we get 3 of every week. Or hell...give me a top rope AA 2x a year.

The challenge now...there's such a gap between the legacy stars (HHH, Rock, Brock, Taker) + Cena and everyone else. And the last guy they got stuck pushing (DB) hurt his neck and is in a surgery cycle. And now, they are pushing the least talent in-ring guy from the Shield because his hot tag murder-fests makes them think they have a new Batista (remember when he was good?). Orton is headed to Kane-land.

So...Cena needs to start laying down more. If he beats Brock, I see fans losing it in a bad way.