Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRight today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2343270
2343270, Right today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-28-14 01:42 PM

so...

Go on the record with Warren Coolidge Van Sustren....

some of the biggest enemies of Kobestan are hoisting the White Flag..

those of you who still want it...can get it.....

we stand on the dawn of something very rare in the NBA.....yet very powerful in the world of sports...

the Los Angeles Lakers have cap space....they have a lottery pick.........they have NO head coach......they have only 2 players under contract...

fukkin with the Lakers right now is like fighting a butt-naked man.... you should feel very uncomfortable doing it....lol.

the position that the Lakers are in right now is a position of POWER... I would have to do the research but I'm not sure that the Lakers in the salary cap and lottery era have ever been in the position they are in right today... at least not at the same damn time.....

to other teams...in other sports..... being in this position would be a bad thing...

the Lakers being in this position have a power that I do not believe other teams would have...

So those who disagree...

Laker fans too..

go on the record right here...and you tell me what's about to happen..

g'head...

the Lakers.....Kobe..... you tell me what's gonna happen...

see this time we'll have it all on record...no confusion..

all the Sixer fans and others who tried to dance on the Laker grave when Shaq left ....then caught amnesia when we went back to back without him tried to front last time...

so there's no confusion.....

you know where I'm at..

where you at???

2343277, you're really silly if you think everyone is positioning themselves to come
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-26-14 12:46 AM
play with broke down ass kobe... and a draft pick... if kobe takes about 6-7 mil less..then the lakers might be sitting pretty as you think..but now... not so much...however... other teams are in a position to sign top free agents now and making moves..while the lakers don't even have a fkng coach... so u can rely on that "LA" shit if you want...but if any top FAgents coming to LA...they gon be suiting up with CP3... cook tho
2343280, they will not win any more championships with kobe on the roster.
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Jun-26-14 12:56 AM

>
>the Lakers being in this position have a power that I do not
>believe other teams would have...

why?
2343282, you know what would make them more powerful, not paying kobe and kobe's buddy
Posted by rob, Thu Jun-26-14 01:05 AM
to do nothing but teach young players the wrong lessons
2343283, alternate response: and cold truth said we didn't need no more posts
Posted by rob, Thu Jun-26-14 01:06 AM
y'all need to get on the same page with this kobe spin
2343288, We don't. This shit should have stayed in the Lakers offseason post.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-26-14 01:13 AM
I suppose the "get on record" thing is the angle that warrants a new thread, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we really don't need multiple Lakers posts, or two Chandler-to-Dallas posts, or multiple Brawn posts. All this shit needs to get locked and consolidated into 1 draft post, 1 free agent post, and most of the rest of this shit needs to stay in team off season posts.
2343286, The line is "clothed in immense power."
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-26-14 01:10 AM
Just saying.
2343287, realized it after....but cloaked sounds more Warren Coolidge-ish
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jun-26-14 01:13 AM
ya think?

2343289, From Lincoln to Coolidge. All presidential. I dig.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-26-14 01:14 AM
2343290, Cloaked just sounds cooler.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-26-14 01:15 AM
That said, lock this shit and merge it with the Lakers offseason post.
2343291, the laker offseason post won't get archived...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jun-26-14 01:16 AM
plus this post is for the haters...

the Laker offseason post will be more for us actual laker fans discussing the team..

let the haters have their place to shine....
2343356, whereas i am wrapped in the fabric of hate
Posted by bshelly, Thu Jun-26-14 09:11 AM
2343297, Those 2 players are ancient, beat up & eating 40 mill of your cap
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jun-26-14 02:02 AM
to play zero defense and miss most of their games.

Y'all are a bad team, legitimately.

There's also not a realistic way to improve significantly anytime soon.

I would be happy to entertain a wager to that effect.

2343353, warren being warren... lol
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Jun-26-14 08:59 AM
..funny that people would complain about certain threads NOT being locked, when the same shit happens this time of year.

every. year.

without fail.

shit gets a little slow/monotonous between the close of the nba finals and the start of the nfl pre-season. that interim is typically filled with redundant speculation and bs.

there will be off-season threads and separate convos regarding random shit (ie: bshell's apology). it happens. get over it.

this doesn't belong in the off-season thread. he's not addressing laker issues, he's callin' out all naysayers.

i see no problem with that.

*for the record: i have NO IDEA what mitch is cookin' up for the near future, but i trust that its MUCH better than any of the moves he's made in the last 3 yrs. at this point, ANYTHING will be an improvement on the last 2 seasons. still, i don't believe kobe's contract (or his attitude towards competition and winning) will hinder the lakers at all.

lakers FO' LIIIIIIIIFE!

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2343361, I'm not complaining at all. I just don't think we need 50 threads.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-26-14 09:18 AM
I only mentioned it in rob's thread because his topic was completely pointless. He brought that up in here, and I simply agreed in that we don't need all these threads. Me telling Frank to merge it with the Lakers Offseason thread wasn't serious, since I knew good and well that wasn't happening. It’s not all that serious.
2343371, its all good...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Jun-26-14 09:33 AM
..the usual suspects being their usual selves

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2343379, Mitch put on his robe and wizard hat before his meeting with Bron?
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-26-14 09:41 AM
2343572, They'll win three chips in the next five years
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-26-14 02:01 PM
2343609, http://i.imgur.com/e9o9ir8.gif
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-26-14 03:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e9o9ir8.gif
2343622, Something big is about to go down on both coasts
Posted by Lach, Thu Jun-26-14 04:49 PM
Can't wait. See you purple and gold girls in the finals again one year soon.
2343623, ???Do you have actual info? Or are you just guessing?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-26-14 04:50 PM
2343629, 3rd coast you mean
Posted by houston_hardhead, Thu Jun-26-14 05:55 PM
2343636, Seriously, wtf. Do you guys have actual information here?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-26-14 06:12 PM
2343904, LOL
Posted by Lach, Thu Jun-26-14 08:48 PM
2343624, Their biggest strength is also their biggest weakness
Posted by icecold21, Thu Jun-26-14 04:53 PM
Nobody wants to play with a past his prime Kobe.

Except for Bynum. But really he'll go to any team offering a paycheck.

Lakers will suck for at least the next 2 years.
2343628, Kobe is a Jedi now??? FOH
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-26-14 05:52 PM
2343633, no, he's a sith, which is mostly correct
Posted by rob, Thu Jun-26-14 06:09 PM
"Peace is a lie.
There is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me freeť."
-The Sith Code

it would also explain his reluctance to embrace an apprentice
2343878, RE: Right today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Posted by bigpo, Thu Jun-26-14 08:22 PM
I agree with everything you said. Most people to want to acknowledge it. Laker fans try to down play it so the 1) wont be disappointed if it doesnt happen and 2) can act like they never wished or believed it would to avoid the online criticism.

Lakers are in a good position.

2344042, They're in a *decent* position, not a good one.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jun-27-14 12:06 AM
A rookie, cap space, and a 10 mil expiring. Not bad, except:

-Kobe's a hindrance now. That's just the fact. He hasn't exactly shown that he's willing to relinquish his status as alpha dog, and that's not exactly enticing to other alpha's.

-Kobe's contract still eats up a huge chunk of cap room. Talking guys like Lebron or Carmelo into taking 16 mil while Kobe earns 33% more is a tall order.

-Other teams, like the Rockets, have more attractive overall situations or more coveted assets to make trades, like GS or Boston or Cleveland.

-The other quality free agents on the market are restricted and not really good enough to overpay for, and we'd likely have to give up Randall and/or Nash's expiring to get some of those guys.

We have a nice little bench worth of players we can resign for relatively cheap, and that's a plus. The Lakers are still the Lakers, Mitch has shown an ability to make things happen over the years, and we've got some money to spend. We could conceivably be back in contention if a lot of shit goes our way, but it's a tall order.

Basically, you're badly overselling the position of OK Lakers fans. We've got some things in our favor, but after Lebron and Melo, the options aren't all that attractive. If we could nab, say, Lowry by signing him outright while flipping Nash's contract in the process, sign Melo, resign Pau, Hill, Young, and Marshall, Randall happens early and Kobe so much as resembles his former self.....yeah, we'd be in business.

How likely is it that all those things happen though?

2344019, Glad Kobe don't have a contract keeping em from Bron/Melo persuits...
Posted by mtbatol, Thu Jun-26-14 10:50 PM
...oh wait
2344841, Kobe's contract not stopping Mello from meeting with Lakers
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jun-29-14 06:39 PM
Thursday...

per ESPN...
2344843, FAs meet with non-destination teams all the time
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-29-14 06:46 PM
You don't seriously think he will sign there, do you? And would it even matter?
2344844, thats cool. when kobe and nash get off your back you can have mid-30s melo.
Posted by rob, Sun Jun-29-14 06:55 PM
that sounds like a great plan
2344842, lol @ "only two players under contract"
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-29-14 06:44 PM
two players who cant play and leave them one decent FA away from having to fill out the roster with d leaguers (again)
2344880, http://imgur.com/V2yDBCm
Posted by Castro, Sun Jun-29-14 09:00 PM
http://imgur.com/V2yDBCm
2344881, lol...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jun-29-14 09:07 PM
2344882, what's gonna happen? prob get swept again in 1st/2nd round
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jun-29-14 09:10 PM

-->
2344901, PLAYOFFS!?! (c) Jim Mora Sr.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jun-30-14 01:42 AM
2344941, with bazemore and marshawn brooks?? cmon dawg
Posted by LAbeathustla, Mon Jun-30-14 10:16 AM
2345145, our cloak is tangible....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jun-30-14 05:42 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/140630randle_13.jpg?itok=guuU34e3

Julius Randle sees it...
2346556, Kobe gets the last word with Melo tonight
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jul-03-14 11:36 PM
the best closer in the game...lol.

oh..and Mitch just landed in Cleveland to talk to LeBron's agent

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/03/lakers-carmelo-meeting-finish-kobe-meeting-tonight/

The Lakers have ended their meeting with free agent Carmelo Anthony, concluding their pitch to get the high-scorer to sign with the Lakers.

The meeting lasted roughly two and a half hours and featured Mitch Kupchak, Jim and Jeanie Buss, executives from Time Warner Cable, and marketing directors from the Lakers.

One notable omission was Kobe Bryant, who missed the meeting due to travel complications after the time of the meeting was moved up. However, Bryant will actually get the last word with Anthony tonight after his scheduled meeting with Knicks officials.

The traffic delay by Bryant may actually be a blessing in disguise, as Bryant will likely get the last word before Melo’s decision is made. Today wraps up a cross-country, three day trip that started Tuesday in Chicago with the Bulls and went through Texas Wednesday with Houston and Dallas.

Right now, free agents on in a holding pattern, with the dominoes to start falling this weekend after Anthony makes a decision. The decisions of both he and LeBron will affect how the rest of the summer plays out.

The Lakers, along with the rest of the league, will be anxiously waiting for Melo’s decision. Tell us where you think he”s heading!
2346557, LOL
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-03-14 11:38 PM
2346661, Mitch meeting with LeBron's peoples....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jul-04-14 02:26 PM
Kobe and Carmello probably flippin some chicken on the grill in sunny California while there are Hurricanes and stuff on the east coast..

we in the game Bomb..

where the Sixers at..

you can't win titles unless you in the game.... titles aren't won sittin with the slide rule lookin at some metrics and drafting guys that ain't gonna play for you..

They are won being in the game....and the Sixers aren't even at the gym to play the game..

smh...
2346672, LOL, Dawg, there is no chance either of those dudes are coming
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jul-04-14 03:09 PM
2346737, we in the game. .we playin to win..
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jul-04-14 06:48 PM
2346758, bro, you are spending guap, wasting time. we let embiid handle alldat
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jul-04-14 10:50 PM
2346777, Nah, Lakers makin a show but only displayin desperation & getting played
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-05-14 08:15 AM
there is zero shot of either one of those dudes joining the Lakers this offseason let alone both.

I would give you five to one odds on that right today and bet the denomination of your choice on it.

Shame for y'all too,

If not for the Nash deal, lack of ownership stability, complete dearth of dependable talent, absence of a head coach heading into summer league but *most importantly* KOBE's CONTRACT, y'all being the Lakers probably could have grabbed both this summer plus more.

lololololol

Instead you in here partying about Mitch flying across the country to talk to an agent while Lebron's on vacation & saying bullshit such as 'we in the game' like you were Clipper Darryl in Lebron's 2010 free-agency year.

It would be even funnier if it wasn't also sorta uncomfortably awkward, even more so because the only people who might believe that y'all have a shot to get good this summer are you along with the bickering brain trust still flailing in trying to steer that sinking ship their legendary father left behind.

Bron. Melo.

5 to 1 for either one.

10 to 1 for both.

You wanna be in that game or play to win on those odds?

Holla & call the number on the dolla.

Concerned In Cali,

Bomb
2346802, the Sixers haven't signed a free agent of note since Moses...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sat Jul-05-14 11:56 AM
lolol..

that's like 30 years ago..

I'd be mad too...
2346805, .
Posted by bignick, Sat Jul-05-14 12:08 PM
2346850, it was a false & irrelevant claim but any of y'all are welcome
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-05-14 02:38 PM
to the same wager bylines I just laid out for Coolidge.

But I suspect most of you are smart enough to know that shit ain't happening, I think even Coolidge might be able to see that cold reality behind his purple-pom-pom diversions & delusions.
2346956, I'm not going to bet on where a guy is going to play..
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-06-14 02:04 AM
that's not my point..

the Lakers are in the game...during the extremely rare times we have cap space the Lakers go after the top players..

and they are in consideration for those players..

You pay attention to it because the Sixers aren't in the position...cap space or no cap space..to go after those type of players..

2347063, But see I just gave you a more recent example than the Lakers have
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jul-07-14 03:39 AM
There's been like three people in the history of the max-contract structure that started in 1999 that have actually given up that extra year of mega-max money to sign somewhere else, without having their old team give them the extension and trading them upon request.

Elton Brand was one of them.

Wished that he wasn't in retrospect but he was.

In fact, I can't even think of another off the top of my head who did so, just giving you two more to play it safe.

And you don't have enough faith to place a bet on it but you wanna brag on the fact that Ramona Shelbourne is on TV talking about a Tobey Maguire narrated movie y'all played for a dude who ain't coming there even tho his wife wants to be a movie star?

lolololololol

How the mighty have fallen.

Even Laker Fan boasting has fallen the fuck off like Kobe's health and contract value.

You wanna brag about how people would rather live in LA?

Big deal, they're gonna live in LA all summer and travel all winter anyway.

I see an NBA player a week just in/around my neighborhood near Saint Monica's or somewhere else on the Westside.

Not to mention y'all are the second-best NBA team in the city and it ain't close.

You might have had something worth bragging on if you had a coach, didn't have Kobe's contract or had even a slight semblance of talent anywhere else on that shitty roster of Old Kob, Nash & Bob Sacre.

The Sixers aren't in the game because it wouldn't make sense for them to get anyone but Lebron and Lebron ain't joining a team without another legit star or two.

Even if the Lakers get Melo, without Bron they still would prolly miss the playoffs.

They almost did so with Dwight/Pau/Kobe/Nash all younger and in all but maybe one case healthier.

You desperately wanna take this time to believe that y'all have some big come-up around the corner. I saw Boston fans thinking the same in '94/95.

You have cap space because your center left and you got nothing for him.

You have less cap space then you needed because you made desperation moves with the two old guards you got as your entire roster along with a bum who wouldn't see the floor for a real team.

You want it to be one way but it's the Sacre,

Marlo Bamfield

2347282, you've already lost Bomb...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-07-14 04:24 PM
if you were right about the Lakers and in particular Kobe's contract....no free agents would ever give the Lakers the time of day because let you tell it...they are in terrible shape..won't come back..nobody wants to play with Kobe..and his contact doesn't allow us to get any other players..

that's basically what your contention was..

the fact that the best free agents available are listening to the Laker's pitch ..and Kobe is directly recruiting top players shows that your contention was just as wrong as I told you it was..

again..if you were right...the Lakers would be sitting around like the sixers doing nothing and pretending like that nothing is some genius shit..lol...

but we aren't...

we in the game..

that's what Championship organizations and great franchises do...

whether or not Carmello or Lebron come to LA is irrelevant .... my point has always been that the Lakers will bounce back because we play to win and will always be an attractive destination for players...not just because of the city of LA but because ..unlike the Sixers...Knicks and the like...we are a true championship organization ...

2347398, No Dawg YOU LOST and you are so LOST you still DON'T GET IT
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-08-14 01:47 AM
If you didn't pay Kobe Bryant 25 million dollars a year, shit even if you just paid him 15 million a year which was feasible even if he was able to walk at the time, you legitimately could have had Lebron James & Carmelo Anthony playing on this team.

With obviously Lebron James, a man you have no shot in hell of getting, being the far more important factor there and Melo being bait.

You are in NO GAME.

You are a LOTTERY TEAM last year and will be again THIS YEAR except even worse no pick to show for it.

You actually shouldn't even want Carmelo, you should want to get better without any big salaries once Kobe's contract mercifully ends.

You have no chance of doing anything before that & this hero worship with getting the guy whose current albatross deal (who made five million a game last year & hasn't won a playoff game in three years) to be the point man for your sales pitch proves how little cache anyone actually running or (god forbid) coaching the team actually has.

WE DON'T WANT CARMELO in Philly. Why on earth would we if Lebron ain't coming with him?!?!

That ain't gonna win shit.

Meanwhile, you're still bragging about being in the game to grab this lame who with Kobe & Old Pau still wouldn't get you to the playoffs next year.

And puffing your chest about Carmelo showing up to a damn meeting, like that means anything when Lebron met with the Clippers four years ago.

Never even considering the fact that Laker brass is steady leaking shit out into their sychophant fanbase and media, desperately trying to pretend that they're relevant even though none of these guys are coming.

Shit is disgusting(c)Cam'ron

"If Kobe takes 15 million, Lebron & Melo could have played in L.A."-Brian 'Lebron Told Me This' Windhordst

BWAHAHAHAHAA

Tell me again why Kobe's contract hasn't already fucked this team you root for?

lololololol

Tell me again how 'you're in the game' and won't take 5 to 1 odds on Consolation Prize Anthony coming there to lose with Kobe?

lolololololol

Tell me again why I would rather be the damn Lakers right now, rather than stacking seven-footers, taking on expiring deals for more draft picks and actually building a nucleus of something plus having our entire cap ready to strike when we actually are ready not just to send videogram love notes to a guy who missed the playoffs last year?

lololololollolololololololololololmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow

Even though you don't have a shot and it's mostly a Lakers PR cyse that you ever did, I sincerely hope you get him.

Since he'll be a 33 year old with a game that will be tailing off & still making max money for a couple more years once you're finally free of Kobe's deal.

'This is the bad time'(c)Henry Hill

Get used to it, it's gonna be awhile.

2346831, How many have the Lakers signed in that time span? One?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Jul-05-14 01:12 PM
Or are you going to get all proud and boastful about Gary Payton and Karl Malone getting into a car wreck during their frantic ring chase?

It's just a foolish statement. You could make it about almost any team. I mean theoretically Elton Brand was a free agent "of note," the most coveted player on the market that summer. Unfortunately his suitors were all wrong about his condition.

Moses Malone wasn't exactly an FA signing either.
2346849, Moses wasn't a free agent & Brand was seen as the top FAgent in 08 class
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-05-14 02:34 PM
but none of that matters now, we've actually got a plan in place.

Lakers just tossing out leverage offers stuck with two years of Kobe as the highest paid player in the league when he ain't finished a season in three years and nobody wants to join that sinking ship.

But I'll take your attempt to bring up the Sixers as a tacit admission that you don't even have enough faith in landing either of the only two free agents that matter this offseason.

Even at 5 to 1 odds with 10 to 1 spike potential.

Lakers have really fucked this thing up the past few years, gonna be back in the lottery next year & giving the pick away for Steve Nash with a fork sticking out of his back.

Unable to get Melo & Bron because they gave Kobe a ridiculous deal he wasn't even worth if healthy before he had even shown the ability to walk.

Still can't even find anyone to take the head coaching job, which will be their fifth head coach in five years.

Distant second in their own building.

Bunch of split factions of silver-spooners trying to run the thing.

Zero young talent possibilities outside of Randle.

Wouldn't trade places with you for two months of paychecks.

Laker Fans are currently and for the foreseeable future cloaked in intense sour.
2346869, I honestly think removing Kobe's contract equation negates most of that.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jul-05-14 03:51 PM
Worst case scenario under that, we could have taken the two year hit by paying paid Nash over three years and opened up about 53 million in cap space. The money+not having to deal with Kobe's Alpha Complex+Randle+an open canvas to paint with would have likely made a significant difference.

2346877, that's because you've chosen reality over idolatry n/m
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-05-14 04:19 PM
2346951, I'll take that bet... $50 on Melo to LA
Posted by LBs Finest, Sun Jul-06-14 12:05 AM
Kobe the Kloser will secure him
2346952, Can I get in on that?
Posted by ErnestLee, Sun Jul-06-14 12:19 AM
2347064, If you want it I'm knocking it down to 3-to-1 due to your boy Simmons
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jul-07-14 03:44 AM
I would have honored Coolidge at the 5-to-1 odds if he had gained some belief since I last had posted.

Lemme know.
2347185, lol you letting Simmons scare you?
Posted by LBs Finest, Mon Jul-07-14 01:33 PM
I'll do $50 at 4-1
2347280, nah, just sayin dont need to give same odds, guess 4 to 1 is cool tho
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jul-07-14 04:18 PM
*e-shakes*
2347293, deal
Posted by LBs Finest, Mon Jul-07-14 05:10 PM
I know Knicks are the fav but I feel like I got a good chance to win this.

Melo taking forever to decide is hella annoying tho
2347399, cool, it ain't happening but at least you're taking the plunge n/m
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-08-14 01:48 AM
2346635, https://twitter.com/TheWagofMutombo/status/484741501885243393
Posted by dula dibiasi, Fri Jul-04-14 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/TheWagofMutombo/status/484741501885243393
2346653, Hahah
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Jul-04-14 01:11 PM
2347027, Melo and the Angeleno Audacity
Posted by dula dibiasi, Sun Jul-06-14 08:16 PM
There was nothing going on this quiet, calm post-Independence Day save for my neighborhood being littered with empty beer cans and bottles and discarded bottle rocket casings in the schoolyard next to my apartment. Just a lazy Saturday with my wife and my pug until Bill Simmons swept in like a mini NBA rumor hurricane with his tweet that Carmelo Anthony had added the Lakers to the Bulls and Knicks as his top three signing options. (By the way, what happened to Houston?)

@BillSimmons
Hearing the Lakers made a MAJOR impact on Melo this week - it's now a legit 3-way battle between LA/Chi/NYK to land him. Crazy NBA weekend.
5:05 PM - 5 Jul 2014

As a Lakers fan, I’m allowing myself to feel the positive vibrations that accompanied this news, even though it makes just a modicum of sense.

With the Lakers offering Melo the max (four years for $97 million), that means he and Kobe Bryant would combine for a great googly moogly $47 million against the ~$63 million cap for 2014-15. This is no way to rationally to build a team, not from a fiscal perspective, not from an on-court perspective. Over the course of Melo’s ten-year career, he ranks third overall in usage rate at 31.7%. Over the same period of time, Kobe’s first at 33.2%. They’d be splitting nearly 75% of the team’s salary cap, so why not do the same with its possessions? The team doesn’t have a coach, they have just four players under contract, and their hyped lottery pick may or may not need surgery on a wonky foot. Maybe it would make more sense to add a couple new starters. Players like Jameer Nelson, Isaiah Thomas, Lance Stephenson, Luol Deng, Kris Humphries are sensible options and fill immediate needs.

But these are the Lakers, a franchise that has acted with panache and audacity since at least 1968 when they added Wilt Chamberlain alongside Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Through some Jedi Mind Trick mastery, they’ve managed to sign or trade everyone from Wilt and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Shaq, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton. Even the draft has delivered the type of bounties that call into question all laws of the known NBA universe: two number one picks in a four-year span yielded Magic Johnson and James Worthy to play alongside Kareem. The strong arming of John Calipari that allowed Kobe to slip in 1996? The improbability of Andrew Bynum?

With the exception of a few brief rebuild years – the period between Magic and Shaq and a subset of time between Shaq and Pau – the Lakers have been a coveted free agent destination for over 40 years. But these past two seasons have created an unexpected detour from the road we’ve traveled to the point my fan-self has felt the team shift from prime time to punch line. The Lakers have felt like Finch in American Pie after he manufactures a flattering and mysterious reputation about himself only to be poisoned with a strong laxative and be humiliated as the entire school stands around the bathroom like creepy voyeurs listening to the explosions of his bowel movements. In this new world where the luxury tax swings heavy like a merciless scythe and the Lakers appear rudderless without Dr. Jerry Buss at the helm, the franchise that was once able to luck into top picks and flip an unproven Marc Gasol and Jarvaris Crittendon into all-star Pau seems painfully ordinary. Another NBA writer whose view I respect recently described the Lakers as “middling” and lumped them in with the Bucks and Magic and while it felt like a low blow, it wasn’t unwarranted. The Lakers are no longer the Lakers.

At least not until Melo, by way of Simmons, delivered this sliver of unexpected hope. But what would make the Lakers as compelling as the Bulls who appear to be in a better position to win now and tomorrow? Why would Melo leave $30 million and an extra year on the table in New York when Phil Jackson’s at least providing the appearance of being an agent capable of great change?

ESPN tells us that a combination of Kobe, Randle, Gasol, and long-term cap flexibility had a “strong impression” on the 6’8” forward. Yahoo Sports speculates that Melo having a home in Los Angeles may play a role. Then there’s the Kobe factor. The two all-stars “became extremely close” during the 2012 Olympics and while Bryant was unable to attend the Lakers meeting with Melo, he has no doubt been pitching him all along.

Then there’s the glitz and glam of Hollywood, of the Lakers. For all the style and surface-level appeal of Los Angeles, there’s a bedrock of absurd amounts of money. In a piece on The Los Angeles Times, writer Eric Pincus wrote:

According to a memo distributed to teams by the NBA, the Lakers project to earn a $158.3-million profit for the 2013-14 season, before tax and revenue sharing.
The Chicago Bulls, second on the list, earned less than half that amount, at $75.7 million. The Clippers were seventh at $30.4 million. The Brooklyn Nets were the least profitable with a loss of $51.5 million, before tax/revenue sharing.
The Lakers will also pay $8.7 million in luxury taxes and contribute $49.6 million into NBA’s revenue sharing, reducing their profits to $100.1 million — which is still $38.5 million ahead of the Bulls’ net of $61.6 million.

Pincus also reminds us that the Lakers achieved this league-best profit while suffering through their worst season since the franchise moved to Los Angeles and second worst season in franchise history. Through decades of shrewd management mixed with a lot of luck and Dr. Buss’s commitment to entertainment and winning, the Lakers have masterfully leveraged every advantage to which they have access to the point that the name written across the jerseys still generates money even when the team is playing more like the Clippers of old.

As Derek James, also of Hardwood Paroxysm, wrote to me about the Lakers: “I once had a customer come in after visiting a Lexus dealer and he said he asked the salesman why he should buy his car. To which the salesman replied, ‘It’s a Lexus!’” And even when Kobe and the Lakers are slipping into the unknown of old age and new management, when there are better options for winning, more money to be made elsewhere, when all rational reasons are screaming at you to do anything but pick up that phone, you still pick up: Because it’s the Lakers. So while Melo signing with the Lakers feels more like some hazy dream than any stone cold sober reality, the idea that he’s seriously considering a team coming off a 27-win season is enough to breathe hope into an apathetic fan lazing away the idle days of summer, a million miles away from the NBA season.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2014/07/06/carmelo-anthony-los-angeles-lakers-angeleno-audacity-nba-free-agency-kobe-bryant/
2347137, Nothing guarantees championships and success like Carmelo Anthony
Posted by B9, Mon Jul-07-14 11:22 AM
I love how the Spurs just took a dump on this concept of team building but idiot GMs are still running with the super/thin team as the gameplan. NBA...lol...
2347159, Spurs didn't take a dump on anything.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-07-14 12:12 PM
It's not the only way to win a title.

The Heat, Celtics, and Lakers were top heavy teams and won 11 titles and had 14 finals appearances between them.

This notion that the Spurs “took a dump” on any concept of team building is absurd. They merely showed one path to success.

Ten years from now we’ll see what sort of long term effects the CBA had on team building, but the Spurs didn’t change the way teams successfully built title contenders.
2347169, meh, they didnt change it, but the reinforced the blueprint
Posted by select_from_where, Mon Jul-07-14 12:46 PM
Thats why this FA is so important, if any one team loads up on star FA's then the every other team in that division should get deep and cheap FAST.

thats a long term trend that I think will balance out this current trend of superstar power
2347174, Uhhhhh....... No, they merely reinforced *A* blueprint.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-07-14 01:12 PM
People were saying the exact same shit about the Pistons after their ’04 dismantling of the Shaq/Kobe/Peyton/Malone Lakers.

THE NEW BLUEPRINT! DETROIT CHANGED THE WAY TEAMS ARE BUILT!

Meanwhile, two-and-three headed monsters still continued to dominate the title landscape. Hell, the Spurs beat them the very next year with a Duncan/Parker/Ginobili trio, with Parker still just a shade before his prime while Ginobili turned in a near virtuoso performance. .

This notion of “the current trend of superstar power” is also absurd.
The 80’s were dominated by teams stacked with stars. The Lakers, Celtics, and Pistons all sported multiple all-stars and had exceptional second tier and even bench players on their roster.

The second Bulls three-peat had Rodman in his rebounding and defensive prime alongside Jordan and Pippen.

The Lakers won their first title with Glen Rice as their third best player and Kobe just entering his prime, next to a prime time Shaq. Their next two titles came as Kobe went berserk and became a top five player.

Miami went to the Finals with Wade in monster mode and Shaq at the tail end of his prime, yet sported a roster consisting of several former all-stars as role players. You could argue they weren’t *as* top heavy, but it was definitely star driven.

Boston went to two Finals with 3 All-Stars in the twilight of their prime and a 4th coming into his prime.

The Lakers repeated with Kobe and Pau, so I suppose you could argue they weren’t as top heavy with stars.
The Mavs, Spurs, and Rockets are really the only teams to win with this so-called “blueprint” in what… the last 40 years? The Pistons were unique in that they had 6 really good players who were collectively dominant on the defensive end, but no real superstar. Put Duncan on that team instead of Wallace, and they’d have won five straight.

So, given that recent history screams that there are plenty of other ways to win and the Spurs collective makeup is pretty much an aberration in that mix, the most recent Spurs victory is hardly “THE” blueprint, but rather “A” blueprint. Further, recent history shows this kind of blueprint is clearly more difficult to pull off and is clearly the exception and not the rule. The Spurs are an aberration and this win+last years Finals performance is a testament to their own personal greatness, not a blueprint for future success.

As much as I hate to say it, Tim, Pop Holt, Buford, their scouts, I mean pretty much everyone in that organization pulled this off because they’re just that fucking good and following those footsteps will prove more difficult than anyone gives them credit for.
2347180, when other teams get a coach as good as pop and an organization
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jul-07-14 01:28 PM
as good as the spurs and older stars as good as duncan and parker, then yes, that is a good philosophy to go with.
2347400, lol, right? the fuck is he talkin about
Posted by HecticHavoc, Tue Jul-08-14 05:05 AM
2347781, Peep the pivot....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jul-08-14 09:02 PM
whether or not Carmello signs with the Lakers....we are about to see Mitch Kupchek operating in his comfort zone...

either way it goes ...Mitch has a plan in place and we got guys ready to pull the trigger on to put this team together..

there is a huge upside to the delay in Melo announcing what he's going to do ..and that is that Mitch can work stealth mode to set up his options either way... none of the guys we wanted have signed yet... there are free agents out there who want to play for the Lakers..and Mitch has reached out to them already...

there are huge mad making clouds on the horizon for Laker haters...
2347789, RE: Peep the pivot....
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-08-14 09:54 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCJKjAkGYQ&feature=kp

What are those other big plans?

Any that would get you in the playoffs next season?

Because I'd certainly take a wager on that too right today.
2347801, ya'll got a coach yet tho?
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jul-08-14 10:40 PM
2347803, Yeah they gotta coach, hired via Unisys Stealth Cloud Solution Suite
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-08-14 10:53 PM
2348404, http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m577044uZI1qe5zrlo6_r2_250.gif
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-10-14 01:54 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m577044uZI1qe5zrlo6_r2_250.gif
2348413, http://www.infiltrated.net/mgz/empclothes.jpg
Posted by rob, Thu Jul-10-14 02:52 AM
http://www.infiltrated.net/mgz/empclothes.jpg
2348442, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jul-10-14 08:05 AM
2350433, god damn you Bomb where do you find these gif
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-14-14 12:40 AM
fucn dyin
2348570, Well, if Bron goes to Cleveland, the Lakers could definitely get George
Posted by Castro, Thu Jul-10-14 10:45 AM
Cats will copycat Bron and go back to their hometown
2348575, or nah
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jul-10-14 10:49 AM
2348712, won't get George but can definitely bring Trevor Ariza home this summer
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-10-14 01:26 PM
2348715, George who? Who George?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-10-14 01:33 PM
2349198, I dont think Devean's played in awhile.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jul-11-14 12:46 PM
2349871, not this summer...
Posted by Castro, Sat Jul-12-14 03:36 PM
2349185, Get My Link On And My Cloak On, Got Deez Nuts Fo', Kobe To Choke On
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jul-11-14 12:40 PM
(c)LA Rap Legend who gets money with Bron

Oh and Uh.....Pau going to The Thunder and Melo was only using y'all for sign and trade leverage with the Knicks/Bulls.

By the time Old Kob finally stops ruining your cap Sixers gonna have Twin Towers under 21 putting their nuts on ya tonsils.

Alas, Kobestan.
2349206, inside the sixers front office...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jul-11-14 12:48 PM
http://mpmengaged.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/1976_slide_rule.jpg

Metrics!!!!!

lolol...
2349295, ...and somehow they are going after the same result...
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-11-14 01:28 PM
Lin

but hey, you always have your cloak to comfort you this year.
2349335, Jeremy "Immense Power" Lin
Posted by bshelly, Fri Jul-11-14 01:48 PM
2349341, RE: Jeremy "Immense Power" Lin
Posted by bentagain, Fri Jul-11-14 01:54 PM
http://hoopshype.com/Library/teams/la_lakers.htm

when cats like Jordan Farmar and Jodie Meeks are jumping ship

yeah, there's a problem
2349850, is it jumping ship if the Lakers didn't really want them?
Posted by DJR, Sat Jul-12-14 02:17 PM
With Kobe back, they weren't paying 5-6 mill+ each for Meeks and Young. Don't need both.

2350057, dude, damn near the entire roster last year LEFT, BY CHOICE
Posted by bentagain, Sun Jul-13-14 10:33 AM
steve blake coulda even came back, but didn't

LAL overpaid Hill, which is why he's back

overpaid Swaggy too, 4 years? $21M? that's a WAS Wizards move right there.

Kaman dipped

Pau deuces

bang on Farmar and Meeks if you want to, but they put in work last year for the LAL

I was hesitant to say it before and face the wrath of Kobestan

but these players leaving, BY CHOICE, FAs going elsewhereand the never ending coaching hire

makes me believe that nobody wants to deal with Kobe now.

tumbleweeds for the LAL through 2016
2350063, the roster won 27 games, let them go
Posted by DJR, Sun Jul-13-14 11:10 AM
It's about getting in position to make a real move in the future. The future cap is looking good and they've acquired some draft picks for once.

Young and Hill are young players who can be productive and be part of the future.

Young makes Meeks redundant. Blake, Kaman, Farmar.....I can't see any reason why LA would want them or why they'd want to stay. Lakers won't be winning anything next year, and they're veteran, often injured role players who are declining or will be soon.
2349355, 49 million on 3 players
Posted by CherNic, Fri Jul-11-14 02:05 PM
2349359, LINVISIBILITY CLOAK
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Jul-11-14 02:07 PM
2349379, I BE CLOAKIN © clarence carter clarence carter clarence carter
Posted by dula dibiasi, Fri Jul-11-14 02:18 PM
2349388, RE: I BE CLOAKIN ďż˝ clarence carter clarence carter clarence carter
Posted by murph71, Fri Jul-11-14 02:22 PM

The Winner^^^^^
2349399, lol
Posted by LegacyNS, Fri Jul-11-14 02:33 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Ditch the paper, save the trees, and go mobile! Text bizcard to 32462!
2349852, *dead*
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jul-12-14 02:23 PM
2349863, CLOAK ME, CLOAK ME *CLOAK! CLOAK!*(c)Billy Squier
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-12-14 03:09 PM
2349878, *pop-locking to the 'big beat' drums*
Posted by dula dibiasi, Sat Jul-12-14 04:09 PM
2349384, RE: LINVISIBILITY CLOAK
Posted by murph71, Fri Jul-11-14 02:20 PM

Bomb...u killing me!!!!...lol

Stop it dog....That ain't right...Ha!
2350431, LOFL
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-14-14 12:39 AM
2349387, http://i57.tinypic.com/68h2f9.gif
Posted by LAbeathustla, Fri Jul-11-14 02:22 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/68h2f9.gif
2349416, lol Warren set this up to take the L on purpose
Posted by SeV, Fri Jul-11-14 02:43 PM
No way was he serious with this post

Say dat then.

Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!
2349431, "Bet big, win big."(c)John Rahway
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jul-11-14 03:00 PM
>No way was he serious with this post
>
>
>
>Say dat then.
>____________
>
>Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!
2349846, Oh he aint bettin, we see that, WC an eternal optimist but he aint crazy
Posted by Bombastic, Sat Jul-12-14 01:49 PM
2349411, THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOAK
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jul-11-14 02:40 PM
2349864, Pau S&T shifting....
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-12-14 03:15 PM
now no Dunny?

Lakers in 3-way talks that would send Pau to CHI + net them 1 or 2 picks. As of now, no players coming back to Lakers. 3rd team possibly HOUBeat Writer (twitter.com)

Does this mean Booz to the Rockets? UGGGGGGH!
2349866, we better be keeping t jones
Posted by LAbeathustla, Sat Jul-12-14 03:25 PM
2349875, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsXL8idIEAEqM81.jpg
Posted by NotScared2Ask, Sat Jul-12-14 04:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsXL8idIEAEqM81.jpg
2350062, I'll take five beanies and ten sweatshirts
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-13-14 11:10 AM
Only thing that could make it more gully would be an oversized Champion "C" somewhere there.
2350413, RE: Right today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jul-13-14 11:20 PM
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-lost-in-the-solitude-of-his-immense-power-he-began-to-lose-direction-gabriel-garcia-marquez-319394.jpg
2350432, 'CATACA STAND UP
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jul-14-14 12:39 AM
2350434, http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/slow-clap-gif.gif
Posted by astralblak, Mon Jul-14-14 12:42 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/slow-clap-gif.gif
2351351, RE: Right today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-15-14 06:53 PM
https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/488776435470200832
2351413, Welp... when it rains.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-15-14 08:29 PM
2351437, lulz
Posted by dula dibiasi, Tue Jul-15-14 09:12 PM
kudos to @duladibiasi for his pursuit of that cassie x rihanna threesome! you was almost in there, dogg!
2352432, You know Magic is just seething at this shit
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jul-17-14 07:25 PM
Shit even Lisa Leslie is mad.
2352308, BOOZ CLOAK!
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-17-14 04:22 PM
2352430, DOOKIEVASION AT LE CENTRE STAPLES
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jul-17-14 07:15 PM
2354922, My "Carlos Boozer cloak" google image search came up dry
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 09:46 AM
unfortunately.

Someone could always photoshop it though.
2353094, http://www.sidekickcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CLOAK.jpg
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jul-20-14 09:38 AM
http://www.sidekickcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CLOAK.jpg
2353100, #yikes. still no coach. nobody wants to play w/ or coach Kobe lol
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jul-20-14 11:00 AM

-->
2353126, whoever takes the job prolly won't have to worry about it
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-20-14 02:50 PM
he and steve nash can be $35M suit models this year.
2353128, i'd be shocked if they don't tank to keep that pick.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Sun Jul-20-14 03:29 PM
2353559, Kob won't let em, they're gonna be just good enough to lose that pick
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-22-14 11:06 AM
Funny thing is this roster they've assembled is probably a more D'Antoni squad then any season Pringles actually was there.

LOL @ them needing four interviews with Byron Scott like they don't know him.
2354790, dat power....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sat Jul-26-14 10:34 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1206/pat.riley.rare.photos/images/riley-scott.jpg
2354843, ... existed damn near 30 years ago.
Posted by vik, Sun Jul-27-14 03:31 PM
2354850, It's powerful to attract an ex player of your team
Posted by realityrap, Sun Jul-27-14 04:13 PM
To coach it? Man, I'm sure they had to really sell him on the franchise
2354862, http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/no-power.gif
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jul-27-14 05:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/no-power.gif
2354864, your team is bad, warren.
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Jul-27-14 05:26 PM
2354997, LMAO @ the frankness
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-28-14 01:20 PM
2354919, http://tinyurl.com/qykjs57
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Jul-28-14 09:11 AM
http://tinyurl.com/qykjs57
2354921, Damn...dat cloak be like +500 strength, +500 vitality, +100
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 09:42 AM
all resistances with 3 sockets n shit.
2354927, i'mma make an enchanted denim flame cloak on skyrim in your honor, Dub-C
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-28-14 10:01 AM
2354932, LOL! What are the stats on that?
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 10:30 AM
2354991, Armor: 35/Weight: 2/Value: NBA MLE/+60 fortify bamma/+30 rage/
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-28-14 01:01 PM
−∞ fashion sense
2355007, !
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 01:39 PM
2354945, n*gga you ran away from Ls here like a batch....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-28-14 10:56 AM
then tried to come back to the board on LeBron's coattail....

you got noooooooo juice to talk shit to warren Coolidge.
2354987, yet, here i am...talking...and you're responding.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-28-14 12:49 PM
as long as niggas like you are posting like me, i have every right to be here.

"dat power"??????? <-------- you wasn't posting like that pre-ba.

you love my style, nigga.
2355022, lolol.... Warren Coolidge is probably the most copied
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-28-14 02:49 PM
>as long as niggas like you are posting like me, i have every
>right to be here.
>
>"dat power"??????? <-------- you wasn't posting like that
>pre-ba.
>
>
>you love my style, nigga.

person on this entire board... I was changing fools vernacular when you had dial up internets...

in fact...I'm pretty much your stock broker now basa..... With as much stock as you buying in UCLA basketball players...I'm your EF Hutton round this piece...

keep listening player...

in fact..Ima help you out early....

get your Kevin Looney stock now...

and the sleeper.....po man's Westbrook.... Norman Powell...

see...I talk shit about Duke...and don't buy stock...

you talk shit bout UCLA yet every year steady riding for one of they guys...

lol..
2355040, man, shut your bamma ass up
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-28-14 04:16 PM
2354989, When you open the fifth pocket, it plays Zapp's "I wanna be your man"
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jul-28-14 12:58 PM
2355011, ok, this electronic clothing thing... lmao
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-28-14 01:55 PM
2354936, http://majancroashowroom.weebly.com/uploads/2/5/1/2/25129601/51454_orig.jpg
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 10:37 AM
http://majancroashowroom.weebly.com/uploads/2/5/1/2/25129601/51454_orig.jpg
2355010, !!!
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Jul-28-14 01:46 PM
2355015, The big ass Kani signature is on the back of the cloak
Posted by Deebot, Mon Jul-28-14 02:32 PM
2721450, Yes
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Sep-27-20 01:50 AM
Yes we are

2721452, Oh we cloaked but...
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Sep-27-20 01:56 AM
Can’t say I’ve ever felt this way about a Laker team - this is THE year. Obviously tomorrow is never promised, but I don’t know how much of a future this squad has. Let’s fucking do this for Kobe.
2721451, ^^^AUTHENTIC DISCOURSE
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Sep-27-20 01:54 AM
2721453, FUCKING WELCOME BACK
Posted by Ryan M, Sun Sep-27-20 02:12 AM
Kinda sorry it’s because of the Lakers making the finals but hello
2723236, Cloaked
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Sun Oct-11-20 11:58 PM
2723239, KING'S CLOAK!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Oct-12-20 12:23 AM
https://stockx.com/nike-lebron-15-zip-kith-white
2723243, I’m sorry I ever doubted you Warren. We’re CLOAKED.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Oct-12-20 01:01 AM
2723774, No problem...it took a long time...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Oct-18-20 12:20 AM
but the cloak ..... is no joke.
2723258, RE: Right today...the Lakers are cloaked in immense power.....
Posted by go mack, Mon Oct-12-20 08:43 AM
Shannon donning a cloak today too, perfect. lol
2723269, Yo!
Posted by DJ Wade-O, Mon Oct-12-20 10:15 AM
Og GOAT level Post.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/djwadeo
Youtube: http://youtube.com/wadeoradio
Facebook: http://facebook.com/wadeoradio
The Gram: http://instagram.com/iamdjwadeo

My Free Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wade-o-radio-weekly-podcast/id203426032?mt=