Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectall of that is not sweet sixteen or final 4
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2341293&mesg_id=2341500
2341500, all of that is not sweet sixteen or final 4
Posted by thejerseytornado, Fri Jun-20-14 01:35 PM
also, ed cooley (BUT THEY MADE THE TOURNEY ONCE!).

prove it on the big stage at least once before you get to be hot shit as a coach. that's kinda a big qualifier for me.

>There's also a degree of difficulty level to this list. Making
>the tourney with Nebraska in year two is a hell of a lot
>harder than another Georgetown tourney appearance. But you
>know that.

not when JT3 came to georgetown and did even better by year 2. but then, after being hot shit, he's now "fallen off" so people can just pump up the next group of hot shit coaches because of a single elimination tournament even though he got to the sweet sixteen in year 2 and a final four in year 3. Also, the hoyas facilities S.U.C.K. while Nebraska got new, pimped out facilities in 2011. Which is a big part of my point--JT3 5 years ago would have been the equivalent of Tim Miles and now he's not. Why is Time Miles definitely better when, in their relatively equal first big conference positions, JT3 did better (much better). It's because bad analysis criticizes the devil they know instead of the devil they don't.

but yeah, recency. that's not a top 50 coaches list, that's a top 50 hottest coaches list. at which point, i'd be fine with jt3 not even making the top 50 (though his recruiting recently has been hot as hell).

>I also don't think my above reply qualified as "a whole lotta
>typing," but maybe that's just me.

compared to one line, it was. now i'e typed a lot, but it's friday afternoon and i don't want to work.

-----------
Y'all stupid...should've tanked for Lebron/Wiggins in 2014 -Rex LongFellow

Its 2014...there are computers in glasses and people stunt after hitting the ball far. Get over it. -Cenario

It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilariou