Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGood fight, but I don't see how they scored it for Algeri.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2338408&mesg_id=2338420
2338420, Good fight, but I don't see how they scored it for Algeri.
Posted by thebadnegro, Sun Jun-15-14 02:32 AM
Not with 2 kd's for Provo. anything more than 7 rounds to 5 for Algeri seems ridiculous to me. Provo def won the 12th, and at least 1 other late round. clearly Provo threw the much harder, more effective punches. looking at their faces during and after the fight would tell u that. RP barely looked like he had been in a fight.

still not a good showing for my boy Ruslan. Algeri's height and cagey boxing savvy made for a difficult night, but still Provo was not quite himself. he looked either out of shape or weight drained. i'm pretty confident in assuming the latter. other than the wide looping left hook, his power really wasn't there. his combinations looked shitty the few times he let them go- only one hard punch at a time. didn't really appear to hurt Algeri much to the body.

dude needs to move up to '47, cuz Matthysse and Garcia will both tear his ass up at 140. i'd even pick Broner at 140 over a weight drained Provodnikov. damn that would be epic tho- Broner/Provo. somebody need to make that happen.

i'll wait to see Algeri in 1 more good fight before i make an assessment, but clearly the kid is a real fighter/contender.