Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpost #12
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2335870&mesg_id=2343014
2343014, post #12
Posted by bentagain, Wed Jun-25-14 12:05 PM
It seems counter intuitive to release a statement, that the LAL's are not going to hire a HC without HC'ing experience

and then continue to delay the hiring process

by eliminating HCs without experience, the candidate pool shrunk to about 5 guys maybe? (I think Hollins, or one of the possible candidates went to GS with Kerr)

at this point, I don't really know what's gained by additional interviews

especially IRT Coach Scott

I still find it strange.

IMO, the players that are rumored to be on the move (Melo, Bron, and Love), are looking to upgrade their situations

an empty roster affords you the cap space to throw big $$$ at these guys

but is a team without a HC, clearly in rebuilding mode, and it still being Bean's team, an attractive destination comparatively

for Love, SURE. for Bron and Melo, nah.

they would almost be setup as scapegoats, IMO.

we waited for you, then built our team around you, hired the HC you wanted, etc...(and if they lost, imagine that fry party)

they could land at any number of teams with a better shot at winning right away before the LAL.

I would think, having a plan (and that would start wiht a HC and a system/idea of how the team is going to be schemed, etc...) would be more attractive than a blank check/canvas.