Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectsaw him play in high school...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2328653&mesg_id=2328679
2328679, saw him play in high school...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri May-16-14 04:56 PM
..impressive, to say the least.

all the intangibles, full of potential. unfortunately, far too much hype & controversy before he ever finished high school.

#1 draft pick? TOO EASY. immediate impact on the game, yet he struggled a bit once the true pressure mounted. since then, he's shown massive improvement. i know professional sports in cleveland, so i always had a feeling they wouldn't do enough to keep him there.

his journey has been interesting, but humbling as well. attended the nyc premiere of the documentary ('More Than a Game') and finally had a chance to talk with him one on one. he didn't answer any questions about his future in cleveland, but that night i knew he was on his last contract with the cavs.

the decision: le misérables

still, i held no issue with him joining dwade & bosh in miami. its not the 1st time its happened, certainly won't be the last. *he's done an amazing job of branding himself and maintaining composure in the business of professional sports & marketing.

having watched him play live as a member of the cavs AND heat, you can definitely see the difference in maturity. he's well on the way to proving realizing his potential (and proving his harshest critics wrong).

i think his next move might be even more impressive.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...