Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo. we blew that one from a value standpoint.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2325122&mesg_id=2326008
2326008, No. we blew that one from a value standpoint.
Posted by Bombastic, Sat May-10-14 03:36 AM
I was good with it last night (watching the draft at my boy's place with a Redskin fan, a Cowboy fan & a Giant fan so we had the full foursome of NFC East hatred in play) and honestly so relieved we didn't take Johnny Football and addressed a hole that I didn't get mad even as people were pulling up mocks on their phones telling me numbers he was listed at between 70-110.

However the more I think about it, the more it becomes clear that they fucked this up, especially after Chip's painfully awkward presser where he talked about having circled six payers who were all gone.....like he couldn't have moved two slots to get Clinton-Dix or taken Denard who would instantly start over Bradley Fletcher from day one, then making sure to tell us he didn't intend Marcus Smith to start over an aging/out-of-position Trent Cole who is costing the Eagles the amount of money we 'saved' by cutting Desean.

And now Marcus Smith is going to be a 'project' who won't get the benefit of time to quietly develop because he's taken in a pressurized place where guys are expected to start & as soon as Chip's honeymoon finally ends they will be coming for him too.