Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDawg, this is no "Harbaugh" out there
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2323355&mesg_id=2324559
2324559, Dawg, this is no "Harbaugh" out there
Posted by mrhood75, Wed May-07-14 09:23 AM
It's been established that Kerr has a lot of hype, but still has no actual experience as a coach. You know, like Mark Jackson when we first hired him. And even if we was as good as his hype, he's going to NY. Otherwise, the remaining field is made up of retreads. Boring retreads. I don't see one guy in this field who I honestly think can get us "over the hump" through his coaching.

Also, I don't think it's fair at all to say this team underperformed with Jackson. Even this year. He's not perfect by any stretch, and you can definitely point to games where he got out-coached down the stretch. But there's also a fair share of games wear 1) injuries sank us and 2) turnovers and sloppy play cost us. So it's not as simple as Jackson only running ISOs.

And I don't think the Singletary comparison is fair. Singletary talked god game, but he was in over his head and the players figured out he was full off it quickly, then tuned him out. Jackson actually motivated these guys and they played. That's why I've always maintained they should have given him one more year. They don't Make the leap then, fine, move on from Jackson. This current situation doesn't suggest anything beyond a lateral coaching move.