Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecteverything is speculation and always will be
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2323355&mesg_id=2324340
2324340, everything is speculation and always will be
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue May-06-14 06:28 PM
We'll never know the full story/

Playing the game is a slippery slope, that you're right--white people don't have to do as much. Period.

That said, part of the reason dumbass Mchale isnt fired yet is because he smooches it up with management and is a likeable guy. Seems like Jax chose to clash.

I was in a similar situation 2 jobs ago. Going in, I was told by a former colleague that it was like a Game of thrones and to watch my back. I was basically like whatever, ill just stay away from that shit cause that work gossip/alliance shit wasnt my style. First day of work in the summer, I meet a woman who tells me all kinds of gossip about another person who was the Director of Operations...Its my first fuckin day and shes casually telling me this dude is an idiot. As usual I just nod and KIM.

Ultimately because I didnt make alliances and kiss anyones ass I got caught in some BS even though I had the best placement record of any placement counselor in years. More than 70% of my kids got into their first choice school. The people I was hired to work with directly (students and parents loved me for the most part). Any clean cut white dude or woman woulda been praised.

On my end..

I chose to not give a fuck about my appearance and grew out my james Harden beard without shaving for 4 months. I also refused to come in earlier when they tried to change my start time up an hour and a half.

Recounting the story still makes me kinda mad, but Im also happy (probably like Jax)mthat i didnt have to kowtow to anyone and still did a good job at what I felt I was hired to do. I still landed on my feet somewhere else where I didnt have to deal with the bullshit.

>
>Do you KNOW that its his fault?
>
>How do you KNOW that HE wasn't wronged?
>
>His PLAYERS seem to like him...that's evidence
>of nothing??
>
>Interesting how these double standards work
>
>----------------------------
>
>
>
>O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"
>