Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMAYWEATHER-MAIDANA CALLED OFF DUE TO GLOVES! (link)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2322734
2322734, MAYWEATHER-MAIDANA CALLED OFF DUE TO GLOVES! (link)
Posted by abstractionism, Fri May-02-14 10:34 PM
sorry for the bait…..but yeah……wwe-ness continues

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16906.html
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16905.html
2322767, floyd is a fucking bitch ass pussy
Posted by michaelo, Fri May-02-14 11:06 PM
and ellerbe is his maxi pad.
2322781, ur an idiot
Posted by SeV, Fri May-02-14 11:22 PM
and u being a boxer/trainer and to say that ish makes u even more of an idiot

Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!
2322795, RE: ur an idiot
Posted by michaelo, Fri May-02-14 11:36 PM
how many commissions in how many states have approved that same glove?? and robert's right. cotto fought floyd in the same glove. approved by the commission and floyds camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgG-DPb9yXw
2322815, how come they were rejected on 2nd inspection then?
Posted by SeV, Fri May-02-14 11:57 PM
floyds been doing this 18yrs

safe to say he knows how a glove is supposed to feel

also safe to say he aint pussy either

and that goes for anyone that fights for a living

2322824, RE: how come they were rejected on 2nd inspection then?
Posted by michaelo, Sat May-03-14 12:10 AM
dude......the commission approved them prior. floyds camp is rejecting them.

2322850, approved them prior but rejected after 2nd inspection
Posted by SeV, Sat May-03-14 12:21 AM
Those the same gloves aareola broke his hand in too

and those looked like a soggy version of em in the video

2322924, RE: approved them prior but rejected after 2nd inspection
Posted by michaelo, Sat May-03-14 12:38 AM
and the commission just approved another pair of the same style tonight. floyd still doesn't want them apparently.

if i were maidana i'd say, "give me a pair of those14 or 16 ounce piece of shit grant gloves you wear. i'll use those."

the simple answer is, let him use reyes gloves.

ellerbe went on another rant about how all these these gloves are made in boxing and need to be looked at.

andre ward is also sponsored by everlast.
2323072, If teams relied on the commissions to keep them safe, they'd be dead
Posted by Vex_id, Sat May-03-14 10:04 AM
Those gloves did not have enough padding in them.

You can't rely on the commissions to competently do their
job - that's been readily established.

-->
www.realmdynamics.com
2323083, Please, no room for sense in a Michaelo-Floyd topic
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat May-03-14 11:52 AM
2323027, nigga hates greatness that much. Damn shame.
Posted by Radio Rahim, Sat May-03-14 06:51 AM
2323048, not sure about this. "punchers gloves" aren't new in boxing
Posted by southphillyman, Sat May-03-14 09:20 AM
You handle that in the negotiations. Its Floyd's event but u can't have fighters coming down overriding the commission on a hunch. Cut the gloves up if need be and examine to see if they were altered. If not maidana should be able to wear em as agree upon in negotiations
2323077, floydhatefloydhatefloydhatefloydhate
Posted by realityrap, Sat May-03-14 10:54 AM
2323087, Those everlast mx's
Posted by Kungset, Sat May-03-14 12:21 PM
It used to be that if you wanted a puncher's glove you put on a pair of cleto Reyes. But now apparently these MX's have leapfrogged Reyes and then some. Floyd is a smart dude who will look for any advantage and will use his power to do shit like this... I think in the end he'll be able to use these no problem like countless other fighters have
2323146, BREAKING NEWS: maidana not allowed to punch floyd in the face tonight....
Posted by michaelo, Sat May-03-14 04:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/dispute-over-choice-of-gloves-finally-ends--mayweather-maidana-fight-is-a-go-163329449.html

By Kevin Iole
4 hours ago

LAS VEGAS – The crazy dispute between Floyd Mayweather and Marcos Maidana over which boxing gloves Maidana could wear was resolved overnight and their pay-per-view bout for the WBA and WBC welterweight titles at the MGM Grand is on.

That was hardly unexpected, as the controversy seems yet another attempt by Mayweather to get into Maidana's head.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer said he spoke to Mayweather adviser Al Haymon, who confirmed the bout is on. Schaefer said Mayweather will wear Grant gloves, while Maidana will fight in Everlast. Schaefer did not know specifically which brand of Everlast Maidana will wear, though the Nevada Athletic Commission had approved a stock pair of red Everlast MX gloves.

The commission on Friday had ruled that a pair of custom blue Everlast MX gloves were invalid and couldn't be worn. Mayweather claimed there was no padding in the knuckles of those gloves.

"Al assured me this is over and we're going forward with the fight," Schaefer said.

Everlast CEO Neil Morton defended his company's manufacturing process for the boxing gloves and said he believes the dispute was simply a case of Mayweather seeking a psychological edge.

Morton said the custom gloves are manufactured exactly the same way as the stock gloves and the only difference is a different color of leather is used. He said he is willing to cut the gloves open to prove that to anyone who questions the validity of his claim. He said he didn't understand why the custom gloves were ruled invalid.

However, it could be that the commission was simply trying to broker a deal and placate Mayweather, given that the stock red gloves had been approved.

"Nothing changes in the process from glove to glove," Morton said.

He said that when a fighter such as Maidana wants to wear Everlast gloves in a custom color, leather is found that most closely approximates the color the fighter wants. He said there is what he calls a "tech pack" for each model of glove Everlast produces.

That tech pack has the glove specifications and ensures they're all identical, Morton said.

"The process is very simple," he said. "The athlete says, 'I would like this glove in this color with this artwork on it.' In this case, Maidana wanted to wear an Argentine blue color and I think maybe he wanted them with the flag on it. That, I can't quite remember. But then we put a Pantone color on it, we attach it to our tech pack and we send it to the factory and ask them to produce 6 to 10 pairs of the MX gloves using our tech pack in this Pantone."

Morton had nothing bad to say about Mayweather despite the dispute.

"Floyd is the greatest fighter of my time and maybe the greatest of all-time and if he feels this is what he needs to do to gain a psychological edge, that's fine and I have no problem with it," Morton said.