Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBroner: No Homo, Molina Getting it Off The Ding Ding!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2322031&mesg_id=2322344
2322344, Broner: No Homo, Molina Getting it Off The Ding Ding!
Posted by michaelo, Thu May-01-14 09:42 PM
Broner: No Homo, Molina Getting it Off The Ding Ding!

By CARLOS ARIAS

LAS VEGAS --- Has Adrien Broner turn over a new leaf? Has "The Problem" been humbled by his loss to Marcos Maidana?

That's how it appeared when Broner started to speak at Thursday's news conference for his fight against Carlos Molina on the Floyd Mayweather-Maidana undercard on Saturday at the MGM Grand on Showtime PPV.

"Um, I want to thank God," Broner said. "Um, I want to thank Golden Boy (Promotions), Floyd Mayweather Promotions. Um, I'm just coming to fight. I'm humbled. I don't trash talk no more. I'm just giving you guys what you want to see."

Uh, what?

"Get the hell out of here. What's up? Y'all thought a loss was going to humble me and put me in my place? Y'all can just shove that right up your (butt). Listen, I come to do damage, man. I'm punching with bad intentions and I'm back on my A game.

"You know, I'm thankful God really slowed me down and showed me what he have gave to me he can take it away at anytime, and I'm very thankful for that.

"But at the end of the day we got to get back to business. I'm still that three-time world champion at three different weight classes. I'm still that same fresh, fly, flashy, young, hungry young man. And I kind of feel disrespected. The only thing that's keeping me on top of water is I'm on my big brother undercard. Other than that I'm a main event fighter. No disrespect to nobody on this card, I'm a main event fighter. Yeah, I'm a main event fighter. You can put Adrien Broner anywhere and (expletives) will come see me. And this whole crowd, they all Mexicans and they love Adrien Broner. You know why? Because they want to see him lose or they want to see him win or they want to see me talk (expletive) and that's what I do.

"So you put Carlos Molina in front of me? That's kind of disrespectful to me. So I'm gonna make an example out of this (expletive). He talking about he's gonna go for broke ... (expletive). He's getting the biggest payday he ever got and he about to get his (butt) whupped. And that's what's about to happen. A.B. is still A.B., About Billions. I'm About the Beard now.

"So I come to do damage. I really ain't come to do much trash talking because he ain't said a word. He really ain't said a word, so, you know, I'm gonna let my hands do the talking. No homo but he getting it off the ding ding. Ding Ding!"

That was, apparently, Broner's version of not much trash talking. When the fighters posed for photos, Broner got in Molina's face and kept telling him, "you ain't ready." We'll find out on Saturday night.

Contact Carlos Arias on Twitter @PunchyMcGee.