Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIf we also get a decent pick in the deal, I will be thrilled
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316749&mesg_id=2358741
2358741, If we also get a decent pick in the deal, I will be thrilled
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Aug-12-14 10:25 AM
I get Minnesota's interest in Thad, I mean they still have to put a team out there and they are not in some long-term rebuild per se.

But I am not holding my breath here. The deal could work several ways but you have to figure it's secondary to the Love/Wiggins deal. If it's made as a three-way deal, that is neat and tidy. If not, Bennett cannot be traded with another player for 60 days after the initial trade is consummated between the Wolves and Cavs.

That means the Sixers would have to trade Young for junk contracts and then make a separate deal where a second rounder goes for Bennett, if I understand correctly. That is doable but the league might see that kind of obvious circumvention and shoot it down.

In short, I am not looking at this as a certainty but I would like to see it happen.

The value out of the last two drafts would be insane. A potential #1 pick at #6, a ROY at #11, a #1 pick, a potential #1 pick at #3 and then a player who slipped to 12 because of contractual issues with his club team (easily would have been in the top 10 otherwise). That's also with some potential contributors selected later also.