Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthey were born from being sore losers....and ended that way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316362&mesg_id=2316451
2316451, they were born from being sore losers....and ended that way
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Apr-18-14 02:33 AM
if Isaiah's co-signing Rodman's words about Bird....after Bird had just busted they ass in the playoffs...ie. being a sore loser....was the unifying event that kind of formed the birth of the Bad Boys...

then they ended with walking off the court...again sore losers...

in-between that sore loser bread was a great team ...who made a great run...led by a great Coach and GM...

but the bread on that sandwich is stale and looks bad..

Isaiah giving the joint press conference with Bird while Bird is at the Finals PLAYING...and Zeke is rocking the Jermaine Jackson shirt and slack combo......that was not a good look.... G's is playin in the finals and you giving press conferences in street clothes.......

then ducking his head as he walked off the court to end their era..

like I said...they run is sandwiched in between some stale ass bread.... No other Champions ...Dynasty type of champs I mean...no other great teams have that taint to them like that..

The physical play they went to so they could get past the Celtics...they were only doing what they saw the Celtics do in getting over on the Lakers the 1 time the Celts beat the Lakes in the finals during that era.... And they continued to utilize that style...benefiting from the fact that the flagrant foul rules weren't what they are now.... the style the Celtics used to beat the Lakers stopped working once the Lakers matured because a team with the explosive weapons and great seasoned players like the Lakers had will eventually defeat that style of play.....fortunately for the Pistons...they really didn't run into that type of team until those Bulls matured and were seasoned....

I have to say though...some people think the NBA is soft now...but the flagrant foul rules and the rules against fighting have made Goon Ball less likely to an effective route to a championship...and honestly that has been a good thing