Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpeople are really underestimating montreal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2327883
2327883, people are really underestimating montreal
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu May-15-14 02:14 AM
i guess it's because their offense is constructed in a weird way. they don't have the huge sniper or super complete No. 1 center but they score a lot of goals. 3rd/4th lines are going now, that's so important for a deep run. their defense has nice balance now, much stronger than last year when they just had all kind of problems on their back end (including goaltending) late in the year.

both teams have great goalies, too.

i wouldn't count anyone out that's left, to be honest. i think the rangers are a lot like boston, they just didn't have as many things in place throughout the year because they made some significant changes (coaching staff and some key players). they have a little less scoring pop but even that has a lot of room to improve quickly.

montreal was pretty close to boston all year in the standings and they just licked them pretty good considering how close the teams were and that the series went 7. i dont see any holes in their team. they have guys who are good in big games. i could see them winning the cup. rangers i could also see winning but they will need godlike play from lundqvist. the bad news for everyone else is that he's capable of it.