Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectso far, it has been true
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2326731
2326731, so far, it has been true
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue May-13-14 02:57 AM
really nothing to having the SOG advantage in this series.

boudreau is a good coach, i dont want to say he has outcoached darryl in the series outright, but yes, he has been better IMO. part of it is having more options but i think he has also made good strategic adjustments.

sutter, by contrast, isn't really matching lines and the few lineup tweaks he has made havent worked. penalty kill is a disaster. part of that is personnel to be sure. martinez gave them a lot down the stretch but he has some real deficiencies. voynov has been subpar wire to wire, and now they are asking him to do MORE, including kill penalties. out of his element. greene is overextended, too, he is pretty limited with all the back problems and what not he has gone through. so i mean part of it is circumstance but not much seems to be working other than experience and resolve, which are kind of always there. tonight their execution did get better, but by then it was already garbage time.

ducks, sure they have more options but some of these moves have been bold. the goalie thing is rather obvious and cant be overlooked. how many coaches would have had balls like that? i think darryl might be one of them, he doesnt stand for middling and mediocrity. but that's a maybe and i think few if any other coaches would have gone to a 20 year old rookie over their regular season No. 1. then you have vatanen for fistric. honestly i said before the series i would have had fowler-lovejoy beauchemin-vatanen and lindholm-robidas as the 6 D, but still he had other options to replace robidas and went with vatanen, who has been very good. obviously he is getting a lot out of his big men, devo and maroon. i just see their role guys chipping in. la's guys, eh, not really. they have one line producing. i would almost consider moving carter up and just making a super line at this point. play gaborik-kopitar-carter and pray to god they score two goals and you get one out of the rest of the group. williams has faded into obscurity on that third line. mike richards is only marginally better than trevor lewis offensively right now, he has really had a down year. when you look at this kings team, it's a credit to their solidarity and competitiveness that they are even playing right now