Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthey went to the conf finals twice under him
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2322435
2322435, they went to the conf finals twice under him
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri May-02-14 01:56 AM
they had one disappointing loss before this (anaheim) and were a coin flip from another conf finals last year. i dont see where he fucked up apart from this series.

meanwhile they have a captain who finds innovative ways to vanish every year and now he's got some of their younger guys following his lead.

i think he knew what he was doing as far as personnel. people are hammering his use of pavelski/hertl but they moved around and hertl playing huge minutes was probably not an option. yes, they moved pavelski onto that line in OT but he had played 4-5 shifts on it earlier. they were mostly if not all faceoff situations, definitely that scoring play he was out there to take the draw. i didnt see him mis-using anyone, to be honest, i just saw a lot of guys leaving their nuts on the team bus.

some guys had it going early but overall i thought pavelski, couture and thornton were all woefully ineffective as the series wore on.

one thing we definitely agree on is that it would be verrrrry interesting to see trotz come to san jose. the main thing i want to see is how trotz fares when his team has this kind of luxurious forward depth. nashville hasn't *always* been a vast collection of 30-point scorers, but they haven't had more than 2-3 offensive weapons. so now with this group, whoa. if he brings mitch korn with him, they won't have to worry about goaltending. IMO korn is hands down the best goalie coach in the business.