Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I keep seeing people blame Nemo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2322367
2322367, RE: I keep seeing people blame Nemo
Posted by Crash85, Thu May-01-14 10:46 PM
>Sharks D among other things were non
>existent. Cant put that on him.

Little easier to say when you knock out one of the top D-men in the league... (yes, I'm salty... I feel Stoll played pretty reckless games 3-6)

As for the Niemi thing, he didn't have his best year... combined with Kevin Kurz being very critical of him (some deserved, some not, but it's his job)... Also, Stalock looked really good in net this season... I've been saying for years he is the future and I think he might possibly challenge Nemo for the starting position next season... I thought last night that Niemi played great... The Kings 3 (legit) goals last night all could've been prevented by better defense... Even Doughty's goal could've been stopped by Wingels if he doesn't glide back into the defensive zone... The Sharks are lucky it didn't get ugly early last night and Niemi is the reason...

I'm assuming you're referring to fans on twitter blaming Nemo... I've read crazy stuff like it's all his fault, trade Joe Pavelski for Shattenkirk and Berglund, and of course everything is Marleau's fault again because he doesn't perform in the playoffs... Personally, I thought Thornton had his worse playoffs in years... But I don't think it all falls on him... PP doomed them (to quote nhl.com) and not spreading out/utilizing their full talented roster is why they lost... And of course the Kings defense turning into Team Canada status was part of the reason, too...