Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm a fan of Coach Todd, too....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2322334
2322334, I'm a fan of Coach Todd, too....
Posted by Crash85, Thu May-01-14 09:09 PM
unfortunately, He's had the best Shark teams and hasn't found a way to get them over... Yes, I believe that most of that responsibility is on the players, but I also believe that the coach is responsible as well... Sutter saw problems, switched up his lines, spread out his talent through 4 lines and obviously got his team back to where they needed to be....really by game 3...

McLellan showed some stubbornness... or maybe too much faith in his players... Not sure what it was, but he didn't fix what was no longer working... In game 2, he made adjustments and the Sharks score 7... In game 3, he reverted back to his original lines... But if you look back, Marleau's OT goal (as fluky as it was) was scored on a line that was changed in OT...

McLellan is a great coach, he's come into my job a few times and seems like a great guy... But he might not be the right guy for the Sharks... I would really like to see what Trotz could do with this team...