Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectsimmons is such a hack these days sheesh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2313880&mesg_id=2351908
2351908, simmons is such a hack these days sheesh
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jul-16-14 07:02 PM
in what universe is dirk better than barkley or malone?

rick barry is an interesting comparison. i would possibly lean toward barry, who is overlooked as just an incredible volume scorer, but i could see an argument for dirk. certainly in a scenario where i was taking one guy or the other from the outset of their career, i would take dirk. much more of a calming presence. i won't say barry wasn't a leader or a team player, but he was abrasive and mercurial. talent wise it's very close.

the other guys, I mean what does "right there with" mean? could he be compared? is he in the conversation? i guess, but that doesn't mean a lot.

i would agree with the broader claim that he is one of the 20 best forwards, but i think simmons is doing way too much putting him ahead of barkley and malone. barkley at his best was an incredible force, he had the best peak of the three. malone is consistently overlooked, he easily had the best career of any PF ever (i consider duncan to be a center).