Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: The KG narrative is simply overblown
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2313880&mesg_id=2314250
2314250, RE: The KG narrative is simply overblown
Posted by FILF, Wed Apr-09-14 09:22 PM
>Sczerbiak was way better than Korver, what are you talking
>about? Korver can't even dribble.
Ohhhh, how could have I discounted Wally's handles & ability to create shots for himself. I will take Ryan Anderson over Wally 7 days of the week.

>I guess Spree, Cassell,
>Smith, don't count?
I did mention 2004....the year KG took down C-Webb & the mighty Kings. Not to mention Spree/Cassell were on the wrong side of 30 at that time & Cassell was playing injured the whole post-season.

>Garnett got swept by Dirk's Mavs. How you gonna get swept?
KG was playing w/ Sam muphuckin' Mitchell while Dirk had Finley/Nash/Van Exel...besides didn't Bean get swept by Dirk.

>Plus, his game wasn't conducive to being a
>>crunch time scorer. He was basically 7ft version of Bron who
>>did much more than just score.
>
>LOL @ "a 7ft version of Bron". You gettin that good dro, huh?
uhhhhhh...folks are going goo-goo ga-ga over Joakim, when KG already did everything Noah is doing right now & while averaging 20+PPG not just one year but throughout his prime.

>On the other hand Dirk was paid
>>to simply score just like Hibbert is paid to man the
>>paint......& he failed miserably on the grandest of stages
>on
>>multiple occasion.
>
>Except for the time he didn't and won as the first option,
>something Garnett never could do.
Based on that logic then Billups is better than KG.

>>KG showed everyone what he was capable when surrounded by
>>decent side kicks in 2004 & yet again in 2008.
>
>Garnett was one of the sidekicks when he won it all.
It's a team game; dude manned up on defense & played selfless on offense. It wasn't like Pierce/Ray were CONSISTENT offensively throughout the 2008 post-season. Dirk also shot 40% in the Finals & won Finals MVP by default although he was outplayed by Wade & JET was the one the closed out the series.

>I'm not making excuses for Dirk, I can't stand him. KG is just
>a worse person and basketball player.
KG never talked shit to anyone through the social media unlike today's so called superstars, he talked smack ON THE COURT & backed it up....it ain't like he was muphukin' Kendrick Perkins. Everyone that played w/ KG has said he was a great teammate (unlike Bean & em) it's not his job to baby the opponent.

I don't see folks complaining about Joakim talking constant smack on the court. GP did it, Reggie did it......a bunch of hall-of-famers did it.