Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI see it differently, actually
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2313025&mesg_id=2318814
2318814, I see it differently, actually
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Apr-24-14 06:30 PM
Thing is, the current crop has a great collective workrate.

I can’t speak for other Hoss fans, but my reaction is rarely “wow, he’s strong!” with these guys. That doesn’t impress me. What impresses me is when big work to their advantages as big men in a way that is fluid, dynamic, and psychologically sound.

A guy like Sheamus is great because he’s essentially the prototype for the “WWE Style” and has a strong psychology foundation. His move set is a great one for storytelling and facilitating an emotional ebb and flow to the match. The Brogue Kick, White Noise, Celtic Cross, the “Beats of the Bodhran” chest pound, Cloverleaf, Irish Curse is a hell of a move set that basically has 4 finishers and makes a branding dream if they promote him correctly.

***** I still think he needs an “I hate bullies!” gimmick and should make it his mission to help Daniel Bryan at some point, building to a title match at a major PPV (SS or RR, if not Mania) that unfolds out of mutual respect from their history together. But that's just me*****

Anyhow, Sheamus, Big E, Cesaro, Barrett, Big E, hell even Swagger at this point, make for an excellent group of big men who work like big men but do so in very dynamic, exciting and engaging ways. That’s not even counting Brock, and any of those guys (E might be too green still) could give Brock a convincing run for his money. They make for an excellent crop of big guys who can go, and frankly the strong factor is only a part of what makes them so compelling to watch.