Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGreat show overall.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2313025&mesg_id=2313260
2313260, Great show overall.
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Apr-07-14 09:41 AM
It feels like the building was a bit deflated after Taker/Brock and the Divas though, since the crowd wasn't as hype for Bryan as with other shows. Maybe after Taker the crowd realized that there was no way Bryan would lose so it took some of the anticipation away.

Props to The Shield on that match. It was clearly a squash because of time constraints, because that opening segment was at least 20 mins long, and there is no way they could reasonably cut short the other segments or matches. Consummate professionals, and it made sense because really, the NAO should not be fucking with them anyways.

Fucking Cesaro is THAT DUDE. Glad to see the big push, so let's see where he goes from here.

I was fine with the Cena/Wyatt match. Getting the tease was good, and hopefully they build upon it. Fantastic storytelling regardless of the ending and knowing what we know now from the Taker finish, turning Cena heel AND ending the Streak back to back may be too much. Raw will be interesting but I do agree that if this just ends up being another tease without freshening up his character then it'll be a waste.

And after the initial shock wore off and reading some comments online, the Streak ending here makes sense. I'm guessing that sometime between the match being booked and the actual match, Taker decided no more, and wanted to end it. Dude is old, he has a young kid and maybe he just decided he didn't want to put his body at risk anymore (explaining the terrible match). I'm sure WWE would have kept the Streak going for as long as Taker would want to keep it going, and we know Brock doesn't care if he wins or loses. And the way Taker went out makes sense in the "sports" world in general... old guys trying to hold on to their legacies tend not to go out with a bang, but with a whimper.

And it makes sense to lose to Brock. Giving the rub to an up and comer means that person is going to be tied to ending The Streak for the rest of his career, for good or for bad. Imagine if Punk broke it last year then he leaves the company... that means ending The Streak was a waste. Or breaking it on someone like Dolph, but what if he doesn't resonate with fans going forward? It's too uncertain. At least with Brock, despite his part-time status (or maybe because of it), the company knows what they have with him. And, frankly, it makes his "BEAST" status loom even larger, especially as a part-timer.

And hey look... he's all grown up!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Mu2PtQB.jpg

(jacked from reddit)