Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, this all checks out.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2303827&mesg_id=2304170
2304170, Yeah, this all checks out.
Posted by Jayson Willyams, Wed Mar-05-14 03:29 PM
>And "transcendent" and black = olympic sprinter speed or a
>Jamarcus arm
>
>That's kind of my point
>
>No black QB with a noodle arm like Luck will ever get that
>title, even though Luck deserved it (as do black QBs) because
>being a dope QB is being a dope QB

That's what's so vexing about this song-and-dance every year. Bridgewater is a dope QB. That's it, that's all. Watch the games.

>RG3 was an Olympic sprinter and threw the best deep ball
>in a decade. He was really, really, really, really good.
>He also had an IQ off the charts, came from a good family,
>etc. He was essentially the perfect black QB -- smarter than
>the white ones, olympian fast with a cannon.

I guess I'm thinking of "RGIII: starter on a shit team with a gruesome knee injury under his belt", and not "RGIII: all-world prospect coming out of Baylor." The reality of the Washington Football situation has taken some of the shine off RGIII, but he still had everything you could ask for coming out of college.

As to the rest of this thread, I think two things are true, and not mutually exclusive by any means.

A) The pre-draft hype cycle is so long and exhaustive that virtually every single year, the guy who should be the slam-dunk choice for first QB off the board starts to slide in mocks. People won't click on Don Banks' mid-January Mock Draft v16.0 if he's had the same guy at the top in his first 15 versions. So eventually people start inventing holes in that guy's game while ignoring real holes in the other guys, just so they can generate some heat and pageviews when they SHAKE THE WORLD and claim some bum-ass nu-Gabbert is making a case for the #1 pick.

and

B) Racism. Soooo much racism.