Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWOW!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2302037&mesg_id=2312475
2312475, WOW!
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Apr-03-14 01:37 PM
>I'm so excited!
>
>This is my 2nd mania (went to 18 in toronto) but I'm so pumped
>for this one. New Orleans, 15 dudes also on a bachelor party!
>
>Some guy started a WM bar crawl and got over 250 RSVPs and got
>a bunch of specials set up, that is going to be crazy on
>Sunday. Just 200+ wrestling fans in outfits crawling their way
>from bar to bar all the way to the superdome.

That's awesome dude fun right there. Enjoy the hell out of that, act a fool, and make it back in one piece!

I expect that WM will end in a chorus of YESes, so the show should end well. And...build-up issues be damned, I think this show will have some solid wrestling because the card is filled with solid workers. Now it just a matter of what surprises we get.

I'm trying really hard not to be a mark for this show...aka I don't want to build all of the finishes in my mind and then be pissed because the folks at WWE booked it another way. I want to:

- Enjoy the wrestling
- Continue to love that wrestling has a netflix-style app with friggin PPVs (WWE Network)
- Appreciate old ass Hogan showing up and doing whatever he's gonna do (as long as it doesn't take too long)
- Witness the payoff to HHH/Steph vs DB with guest stars Bootista and 'I forget that he's the champ all the time' Randy Orton

I'm 36 and I've been watching wrestling since I was around 5. 30 years is a long ass time to be a wrestling fan. And considering midsouth wrestling, Paul Bosch/Houston wrestling, NWA Saturday on TBS, WWE, WCW, a little Japan (90s All Japan stuff mostly), a little less Mexico, a slew of video games (Virtual Pro Wrestling TWO aka the best of all the N64 AKI wrestling games), etc., I've enjoyed the hell out of my time spent on wrestling. Mania 30 is a big deal to me and even though the show feels kinda slow-played outside of the 2-match main event angle with HHH/DB, I'm amped for it.

I'm not sure if Phil vs HHH would've been as good or any better. I do know I'm losing my shit if Phil shows up and does anything (but I don't think he will..yet). Corporate Sellout Punk for Summerslam would be excellent and better than whatever Orton is up to right now..we'll see.

Jimaveli: Oh...and Steph's still got it